GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back to work today after my weekend at the MotoGP.

The weather was patchy to say the least at Donington ranging from torrential bursts of rain to scorching sun shine and it made the racing very exciting and unpredictable and a great spectacle all at the same time.

I have to say the car attracted a phenomenal amount of attention and I was surprised how many folk were posing with it and or taking pictures of it. Even when stuck in the traffic waiting to get out go of Donington I could hear folk commenting and also stopping to admire it and take pictures. On the last day I parked up as normal and with that 4 police bikes all parked up beside me boxing me in. With me fearing the worst they started asking questions about the car and what it was like, what HP it had and if I'd been on track with it I think they were suitably impressed.

I had the Titanium full exhaust fitted prior to heading down to Donington and also install the Stage 2 map. I tried a few 6th gear 'roll ons' to see what sort of lag there was and although there was a little it would howl off towards the horizon and before I knew it I was well into errr....... I can't say how fast as it was a bit naughty!! Needless to say it is truly is staggering. If the performance of 6th gear was not good enough the through the gears acceleration is also something to be experienced to be believed and completely mind blowing.

Before I set off I carried out a bit of data logging and during it I was having a play with a new Suzuki GSXR 1000 and in a straight line accelerating in 4th there really wasn't a great deal in it, but when a break in traffic allowed us to play again I dropped it into 3rd and nailed it and the bike was left trailing. It is an amazing piece of kit!! The biker gave me the thumbs up after we turned off so he obviously enjoyed it too.

I'll be doing a lot more data logging this weekend and sending it off for analysis to Ben at GTC who has been great and hopefully some improvements will be achieved. At some point soon I'll also be getting it dyno'ed to see what its doing and when I do I'll get the details posted up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was also at the MOTO GP for qualifying and the race. Have you a titanium GTR (I think) and did you park it in the Launch Pad car park all weekend?

When I came back to mine on Saturday the Marshall said more people had been looking at my car than the bikes during qualifying
:chuckle:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was in the launch pad area. Like you I think it was one of the most photographed vehicles there.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I saw it - XXXX GTR plate - I walked past as my wife said - oooh I am glad you did not buy it in that colour - I thought it looked mint and it is the first Ti one I have seen on the road.

Very Nice

Kp

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
when Rossi lapped Stoner, I laughed. When Rossi crashed out, I wept. Then the guy picks his bike back up and pushes his way back into 5th place??? Best race of the year.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i saw the titanium one in the field in the bloody 3 hour car jam! my daft mate walked over and gestured something but you responded by putting the window up, he was devestated! lol

race was good though

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i saw the titanium one in the field in the bloody 3 hour car jam! my daft mate walked over and gestured something but you responded by putting the window up, he was devestated! lol

race was good though
Apologises. Nothing meant by it. I think I remember him and the reason I put the window up was because it had started to rain again!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which Ti system did you get?

What's the noise level like?
I have the Titan system, full system with solid turbo outlets supplied by Ben at GTC.

It is kinda loud in the cockpit and not sure of the noise levels. The noise was a bit intrusive during the long journey there and back and I think I'll look into means of dampening the sound levels within the cockpit. Outside though, it sounds real sweet!!

I still need to do a bit of data logging and dyno time so although it is ruddy quick just now I get the feeling there is a lot, lot more still to come.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw it - XXXX GTR plate - I walked past as my wife said - oooh I am glad you did not buy it in that colour - I thought it looked mint and it is the first Ti one I have seen on the road.

Very Nice

Kp
Yeah that was me. I was probably parked in an area I shouldn't have been in but no one questioned me over the 3 days we were there.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I have the Titan system, full system with solid turbo outlets supplied by Ben at GTC.

It is kinda loud in the cockpit and not sure of the noise levels. The noise was a bit intrusive during the long journey there and back and I think I'll look into means of dampening the sound levels within the cockpit. Outside though, it sounds real sweet!!

I still need to do a bit of data logging and dyno time so although it is ruddy quick just now I get the feeling there is a lot, lot more still to come.
Are you running the Cobb Stage 2 at the moment then? I presume you will need to switch to a custom map as soon as your data-logging is done?

Thanks for the reply re sound. You must be one of the first to have the full Titan system! Pics would be greatly appreciated... :D

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Marky has Full Titan and decatt turbo outlets. stage 3 would take your breath away Dave.

With custom tune which we'll work on when Mark's not busy, his 35 could likely dip into the 10's if he wanted to pay a visit to Crail :thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
ah dont worry about it, he was just pleased to see the car for the first time! tried to hear it go past on the motorway but there was more trafiic so didnt really happen unfortunately

1 - 14 of 14 Posts