GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been covered to death. Looking at doing Donington in June but will I get away with a drive-by limit of 98db (I've got a y-pipe) ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
back in 2004 i had a ferrari 430 and standard exhaust was 105db and they threw me straight off

i still have standard exhaust on my GTR now i dont think it was anywhere near as loud as my ferrari?

does the y-pipe make it alot louder?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Donington is not great for noise levels and with a Y-pipe you'll really struggle. They have to keep the noise down because being next to an airport it is naturally very quiet around there! :rolleyes:

Check out the GTROC track days in the shop and events section. Many of them have higher noise limits

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never heard one without a y pipe but I guess y piped cars are a fair bit louder. My mate drove mine in Switzerland last week and it is bloody loud from behind, especially in the tunnels, haha ! I cannot believe how you can get such a nice noise from a blown car. The Titan system must sound awesome but I guess would rule out 105db limit tracks too so I think I will pass on that little mod !

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have never heard one without a y pipe but I guess y piped cars are a fair bit louder. My mate drove mine in Switzerland last week and it is bloody loud from behind, especially in the tunnels, haha ! I cannot believe how you can get such a nice noise from a blown car. The Titan system must sound awesome but I guess would rule out 105db limit tracks too so I think I will pass on that little mod !
Got a Titan on mine & opened her up on Friday at the entry to the tunnel heading away from Cardiff on the M4 & my pal heard me clearly & loud at the opposite end of the tunnel which must be a good 1/4mile long:clap:

I reckon a GT-R with just a "Y" pipe would be fine at Donnington as i've run my RS6 & RS4 there with full Millteks fitted & never had a problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think you'll struggle. The drive by mics are towards the start of the start/finish straight and another around Starkeys Bridge I think. You could try backing off around those areas but that might spoil your fun a little.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Read my threads from over a year ago about the Y pipe and or the full Miltek SS exhaust pipe at Bedford.Did all the testing and reported it on the Forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts