GTR Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I hope that everyone has had the link to take the briefing. This needs to be done prior to arriving tomorrow, when you will be asked to sign on with driving licence from 7.30am.
I will be there before 8am and for those that don't know me I will be wearing a bright blue GTRDC jacket and will be in a bright blue R35. Please make yourselves known to me as we are all in one area of the garages.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thank you everyone for your support at Donington Park yesterday. Apart from a few red flags and some poor driving standards (not from any of us I would state), the day was great and the circuit well suited to the GT-R.

I think that we would all agree that Max Coates was a worthy replacement for Jake Hill which was concluded at the very last minute. There were a couple of drivers who may have forgotten to pay Max as they left early, so if you think it might be you, please message me and I can put you in touch.

Great day, great people and great cars. Thank you John Miskin

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Thank you for sorting a great day out! It was great get together, chat drive fast and talk petrol! I'm all settled with Max. He was great coach. Really helped me improve. Looking forward to the next one!

David

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I know you are all square with Max and I am delighted that you had a good day. Always good to get the petrolheads together (y)

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Your car looked amazing , the guy did a great job on the build it looks the dogs bollocks.

What is the spec on the car , suspension and engine wise ?
Thanks, it was worth the 2 year build but it did seem like it was never going to end with me constantly changing and adding things to it.

It's a stock engine (rebuilt) running large intake making around 380hp.

1150kg

Intrax 1k2
AP 5000r Pro
BTCC discs/pads
Nankang AR1
All fibreglass or carbon panels
Lexan windows
Vbox HD2
AIM MXG
NTM Pista III/ProTrack ONE wheels

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well Tom that is a substantial list , I am sure it was worth the wait! How is it on track , did
you manage any timed laps or just getting to grips with it . Think you mentioned it was only the
3rd time out in it?

Those wheels look lovely , thought they were the same as the Shirmer cars but nice to see
a alternative. Are they 18 x 10 ?

That has got to be one very fast track car, wish I could get mine down to that weight but
more chance then pigs might fly or trump gets re elected ! Aha.

Sorry I have a lot of questions ! Where was that dash from , was it purpose made ?

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Well Tom that is a substantial list , I am sure it was worth the wait! How is it on track , did
you manage any timed laps or just getting to grips with it . Think you mentioned it was only the
3rd time out in it?

Those wheels look lovely , thought they were the same as the Shirmer cars but nice to see
a alternative. Are they 18 x 10 ?

That has got to be one very fast track car, wish I could get mine down to that weight but
more chance then pigs might fly or trump gets re elected ! Aha.

Sorry I have a lot of questions ! Where was that dash from , was it purpose made ?
I've done a shakedown which was hampered by oil sensor issue. A full day at Oulton and then Donington when we were there.

The wheels are 18x10ET25. I think Schirmer use BBS E88 which are around £4800 a set and they don't seem to last that well on kerbs. I'm running NTM Pista which look simiar to the BBS but are lighter and half the price.

Looking back at lap times I think I only managed a 1:20 which is 2 seconds slower than the shakedown in July. Couldn't get a decent lap together with the traffic when we were there. I'm back again in a couple of weeks and aiming for 1:17s.

The dashboard is OEM but flocked and cut to fit around the cage. Centre piece and where the AIM MXG sits were 3D printed to house the switches, works quite well.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts