GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps,
Just to say that My mate and I had a superb day today at Donington, Although the weather wasn't on our side it didn't dampen the day(excuse the pun!). Being new to the Register I was unsure what to expect. But i must say you couldn't meet a better bunch of people, I was made welcome from the moment we arrived, greeted by Dave Wilkins and introduced to several people who now I can put a face to the names. So to anyone out there who is maybe sceptical about mixing it with the 'Big Boys' toys you needn't worry, You really are made welcome. Thanks again to all, Big thanks to Dave, Ged and this Wife, Andre, Paul, Jamie(I didn't get a drive, but understand that the 'Girls' had priority!!), And all those I met and have Forgotten your names, will remember next time. Whens the next meet????. You acn for sure chalk me in for that one.

Regards,

PaulP.

·
Banned
349 Posts
HI Paul,

Sorry you didn't get a ride, I was so busy the time just flew by and as you say "The girls come first" (if they are lucky!!:D ). I wasn't expecting them to turn up - but hey you have to make hay while the sun shines!

The whether always makes it a bit more challenging and for me the quote of the day was Calum Lockie who said "The R34 race car was the best handling racing car he had ever passengered in, in the wet" That for a man who tested the Mac F1 is a nice statement.

Perhaps we should make him honary club member or something!!

We've got Bedford first and then I'll put something together at Silverstone GP Circuit, which suits the GTR well.

Thanks for coming everyone.

Jamie.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Donington

Jamie,
I quite understand, If a Woman was asking if she could ride on my throbbing beast!!, I would have done the same myself!!. Maybe next time, A couple of pale Faces emerged from your car after a few laps!!. It certainly looked and sounded superb. Thanks again for providing a great day, we both enjoyed it, and not even knowing Calum before, he seemed an approachable guy, not one of these pre-madonas that you can get. I look forward to the next meet, I might even be tempted to have ago myself next time, as long as no one laughs!!!!!.

Thanks again for arranging the day.

PaulP.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Fun day out

My best skyline day out so far. Everyone friendly, passenger rides with Jamie M, Andre Somberg and Ged(pegleg). I hope Andre enjoyed his night out in Castle Donington(oh well it was sunday night :eek: ). Plenty of Gt race machinery to 'play' with. Andre vs the full GT race porsche was quite interesting, lucky it was not a race meeting:D
Dave

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Calum Lockie

oops. forgot to say what a great guy the GT world champion is, I lost count how many times he asked us if we were all enjoying ourselves. And a big smile like Stu...unless you overtook in the wrong place;)

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Who waz there?

Just for a change I thought that I would try and post up a list of names from today (to prove that I am better with names these days!). Please feel free to amend or update as necessary.
André (somberg), Jez (and mate), Jamie M & Richard & laydeez, Paul Palmer and mate, Me, my mate Jeff & my bruv, Chris Coulton, Jim Gill, Ged (pegleg) and his good lady, PaulD (paul.gtr34), Naz (or is it Nas?), Glen (tokyo) & last but definitely not least Mark (abbey Motorsport).
Joss, quite a few people were snapping away with digital cameras so hopefully you will get plenty of pics.
Dave

·
Registered
338 Posts
I totally agree, an excellent day was had by all :D

Loads of track time and Callum and his guys were all very helpfull and friendly.

Good to see lots of the skyline boys turning up to spectate as well.

I took a fair bit of footage of the day on my digital camcorder and am currently working on getting it onto my PC. It's available for use on this site or if anyone wants to see it I can send you some clips.
Anyone know how I would get some clips put on the site ?
Maybe I will e-mail a few of the best cips to Joss and he can decide if they are worth putting up.

Jez

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yes an excellent day. My first time on a real circuit and there was a lot to learn.

I think Callum had I taken him out in the mid afternoon would have seen that big improvements had been made, since early morning and he would have probably been pleased.

My normal drive is along narrow country lanes with very unforgiving sandstone walls either side.
Get it wrong and its time to change your car.

It takes a bit getting used to such wide open spaces where you can be a bit more committed. Getting corners right under yesterdays circumstances is very satifying.

Nice one Jamie sorry I forgot to say goodbye, but you were probably feeling a bit faint with all that female attention.

And Jim....next time hopefully your drive will not be cut short by a Porsche going into the pit wall.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi Guys And Girlz???

I'm Paul The Big Guy who came with Jim Gill...

First time to a track day and i must say Definatly NOT MY LAST! It was great fun and everyone was REALLY friendly... Nice meeting all, Jamie, Naz, Jed and his very friendly and funny wife(Sorry i could not remember her name i have a brain like a string vest!) Davewilkins, paul p and everyone else...

The highlights for me was Andre going head to head with the GT2 Porche and Jamie hitting that KILLER Drift coming onto the first straight with the girl in the car and she waved at us as she passed like it was usual fun... hehehe... Lucky Jamie...

All cars were awesome, Hopefully Jim will get his brakes sorted for the nextone so he can race...

Now to get a car that i can drive at the next track day.... Hummmm.... I have not got great rescources so best for cash is gonna be a Supra 3.0l Twin Turbo... (At least the seats are a hell of a lot bigger than a Skyline) :p Cheers Guys...

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Sorry I missed you off the list of names Paul. I am not very good at names but did better this time (only missed one!).
See you next time , Dave

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Names

Glad to see I'm not the only one that's having problems with names ! :D

I think we need to have alot more meets/trackdays so we can familiarize our self with all the names ! :D ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cheers all for a great day out, good to hang out with lots of friendly petrol heads.

My highlight has to be Andre's hardcore race 34 and the fun with the porker, cool :smokin:..

Andre, if you need a co-driver for the ring then please drop me a line, I'm well up for that :D !!

Now, which piccy should I attach first?? Hmm, can't seem to post any pics :confused: any ideas??

Laters.....

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Bream said:
Now, which piccy should I attach first?? Hmm, can't seem to post any pics :confused: any ideas??

Laters.....
what you have to do to upload the pics into a post is as follows...

1) Upload them to your own website (if you do not have one there are loads of freebie website builders on the net)

2) in the body of your post press the IMG button at the top of the page and enter the url of the pic you want to post:

3) Then the post will look like this...

I have used this type of forum before...:smokin:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Which location?

Cheers ZXS, have you any URL's to a suitable web storage server, as you can tell I'm a bit new to all this website builder stuff but will upload asap (when I have to knowhow :rolleyes: )

Also, any joy with your mobile mate ;) , would ideally like a couple of 8310's or is that 8330's, err yep, which ever but not an 8210!?

Cheers........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts