GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exclusive arrangement for the GTR Register.

I have arranged some special treatment for all GTR register owners who would like to attend a trackday at Donington National Circuit on Thursday 21st February 2002, organised by Calum Lockie the owner of the Goldtrack Driving Club.

Calum has raced in many cars including the Maclaren F1 GT factory car, Marcos Mantara and Porche GT2 and GT1 cars. He is the current GT1 Champion and will be competing along side Martin Brundel in the Bentleys at this years Le mans. He is a massive fan of Skylines and has driven all of mine from the 32 to the 34 and has a detailed understanding of how to get the best from a Skyline. He is also a first class instructor no matter what your experience level is.

Calum has agreed to waive Gold Tracks joining fee's for the GTR register and has offered us 8 spaces at his Donington Trackday with 30 Minutes FREE one on one tution with him personally!! I cannot put a value on his time, but anyone from the racing world will tell you that this is not only a golden opportunity in itself, but will improve your driving and understanding of the GTR'S Chassis and show you how to get the best from the car.

I have negotiated a 10% discount on behalf of the GTR Register which brings the cost of the whole day down to £245.00 which includes:

6 half hour track session's (one with Calum Lockie GT1 champion)
Membership of GTDC allowing you access to other days and 10% discount on all purchases from Demon Tweeks
The free tution
optional additional tution with an ARDS instructor
Marshals and Safety staff
on site catering
Photographer

If you wish to attend please PM or e-mail me at [email protected] and I will give you the address to send your cheque to.

If any of you have any question's please feel free to call me on 07771-535653.

This is a great way to get your driving skills up to pace for 2002 and I can't wait:D

All the best everyone

Jamie.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wow Jamie

Well I thought it was a once in a life time and It looks like Iam going to get to do it again :smokin:

So how come you did not tel me about this sooner!! My cheque is in the post :D

Just in case any one does not know who Calum is!

He is the GT1 formular Chapion!

I was luckly unuff to be at Rockingham last year and Calum tock me out in my R33.

first he drove And boy does he know how to drive a Skyline, Unlike other racing drives Calum has had over the Years exsperiance of driving R32, R33, R34 And he can make your car dance around the track (You would be hard puched to geuss the speed and even harder to match it)

Then it was my turn to drive, all my dreams came true to have a top driver first driving my car, going faster and smother than I could belive is posible and then on top of that to have Calum Instructing was just the best! my driving improved in miuntes Paul, Weston and Glenn you have to be on this day and any one else who is thinking of doing a track day for the first time or if you have been lots of times before.

This is the one to be at Donnington is one of the best events of the year Gold track is so well run. Putting all other events I have been to to shame (No offence Peter E but these chaps are right at the top) and the Price of this day is well quite frankly out of this world

Jamie and Calum you have excelled your self's £245 for a Gold track day at Donnington let alone instruction from Calum.

Don't miss this one that all I can say

:smokin:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
nice one jamie

Jamie this sounds very good to me,
I would like to put my name forward for this cant wait:D cant drive either:D so should have some fun
Gary
GT-ART.CO.UK
THE FUTURETIVE
ps glen this has nothing to do with henry,i did not have to ask his permission first:D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Track day

I was trying to resist,but can't help myself anymore!:D

I'll take a place pls James!

Cheers

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm interested ....

I've sent Jamie an email already. ( all of santa's money spent thank god for parents. )

A bit of training is the only way I'll get any quicker.....

Weston

·
Registered
758 Posts
GOLD TRACK

I can second that about Gold Track Jamie.. extremely professional and safe, particularly for novices. But even better value are their summer evening sessions at Donnington. £95 for roughly the same deal last season. The tuition is extra though. I'm a great fan of the evening tracks, you tend to get as much, if not more, track time with less hanging about.

Vincenzo

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IT WILL BE A SPECIAL DAY

Your right Skyline 501 the evening sessions are good and I've been to a few plus Gold Track are arguably at the top of the league for the type of client's they attract.

I was once in a line of 6 cars which included a Maclaren F1, F40, GTO, GT40, BMW M1, and a 1983 F1 Ferrari!!

They get alot of racing teams taking their sponsors for rides on these days as alot of the teams are friends of Calums.

I was at one day when Nigel Mansell attended and drove a Bentley round like it was a disposable car. In any case it was trashed after he'd caned it.

For those on the register who are intersted in learning how to balance their car and learn about the handling this will be an invaluable day.

We are lucky with the GTR as most cars that handle (like the Lotus Elise, Noble, Scooby, Evo) Have engine's which are less tunable than the GTR's - and most cars that have great engines (Corvette, Ferrari, M3, Maserati) can handle but it's nothing like the legend the GTR is.

So, in my opinion WE have the best of both worlds.

Going back to this track day, the response has been great and I look forward to seeing all the people who have booked on improve their confidence and driving ability.

All the best everyone

Jamie.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Donno.

Donno is a cracking track, I did it a day after that ill fated Kemble 2 effort and really enjoyed it.

Just one thing puzzles me and thats the price, I did a full day with open pit, max 50 cars, 25 on track at a time with the SIDC and it only cost £125-!! It was fully marshalled by the normal Donnington staff and ARDs instructors were available on the day at no extra cost.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Ian,

Assuming SIDC stands for Scooby International Driver's Club?? Then I would have though the price differences relate to:

1) The circuits put their prices up each year and your day was last year.

2) Gold track are a profit seeking enterprise not a break even car club.

3) Gold tracks price includes free Breakfast and refreshments all day.

4) Calums time comes at a premium as naturally the year after anyone becomes a champion in any enterprise (Boxing, Snooker ect) they cash in on their success whilst time allows.

5) It is commonly known that after September 11 the public liability premiums for companies such as Gold Track and Donington have increased. As an example Abbeys insurance has gone up.

As an example it now costs £22,500 to rent Silverstone for a track day and nearly as much for Donington.

I hope this goes some way to answer your question.

Say Hi to Floppy and Marcus for me

Jamie.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I see!

Cheers matey, I hope you don't thiunk it was a dig. I think that Donno is the best circuit in the country and would pay the Gold track price no problem. Unfortunately I can't get the time off so woun't be joining you.

You are correct in the fact that the SIDC come out completely flat after there track days. Hence the price, also it was November and the weather should have been worse than it was.

...Ian

P.S Marcus says p155 off and are you referring to Floppy as in Mark Williams?

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, Mark Williams.

He used to be into cars, perhaps you should get him to buy a GTR:p

Tell Marcus to go and stick it where Ultra Violate rays will never shine on it again:D

:smokin:

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Special Breifing

I have arranged for Calum Lockie to do a Private Drivers Breifing at Donington in the training area specificly tailored to tips about the GTR.

We will also have Garages reserved for us.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update

Donington have moved the day from the 21st Feb to Monday 25th February.

I have e-mailed everyone who is booked on separately.

There are a couple of spaces left.

Jamie.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Jamie,

I didn't get an e-mail about the date change.
I also have received nothing from Goldtrack yet.

I presume I am still booked in and everything is OK ?

Jez

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Jez,

There is nothing to worry about. You are still booked on.

Donington simply made a mistake with their dates.

Looking forward to meeting you there.

Kind regards

Jamie.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Jamie,

Still nothing from Goldtrack as yet.

Has anyone else had stuff through for this yet ?

Just want to make sure I've got time to organise insurance and stuff.

Oh yeah - and are we doing a convoy on the way up ? :D
I'll be heading up from Bristol - I'm sure there must be a few of us from down South going !

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE

Jez,

Don't worry, everything is in hand, I will be making sure directions ect get to you all next week.

As Weston had is unfortunate accident and the date change made a couple of people drop out there is some space left.

Let me know if you wish to come.

Andre Somberg may also be coming with the 34 race car which should be interesting to see and time.

Jamie.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Donnington

Jamie,
I assume it's still ok to come and spectate on Monday the 25th?. Is it still any time after 09:00?. Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Paul.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Looks like I can make it indeed, thanks to Abbey MS. However, we still have to map the engine. If that doesn't happen before Donington (which it should), I will only run @ low boost. And I still need a passenger seat.:eek:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts