GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from donny south i managed to get a time of 8.63 seconds out of my 1.4

congrats to ronnie (again ;)) he managed a time of 3.05 seconds which i think was the quickest of the show.

also 666sky and glen done well in there r34's

i'm sure they'll post soon

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Nice one...

How was the whole thing generally ? Did you get any pics of the day ?

Well done to the Rocket again !

Daz

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i think it was a top day lots of nice cars there.

i didnt take my camera along :( so no pics

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Was a good dat out and

the Abbey boys were launching all day.
The rocket stole the show but Gren san and "dale from Sussex" aka dave 666 were close behind.
NEarest cossie was 4.20 seconds and that is a big diff over such a short space.
I don't think anyone was quite prepared for the roar of the T78!!

Tonnes of smoot there, some good cars, some real sheds but a good day out nonetheless!!

NLW

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Nice one Matt

Jeez your gear changes are QUICK :eek: . Me thinks me needs some lessons from you :) .

Good seeing meeting Lee and Matt for the first time and also the 'gang' members (oooooh sounds a bit Downtown L.A. that :smokin: )

Yes Nick the girls were, well, engrained in my mind ;) .

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
466 Posts
there goes £500 !!

Hi all,

what a great day out.

I was told no-one will get below 4 secs when i turned up and £500 might be mine if i could :)

a second run of 3.77 and i was off to the bank only to see....

yep u guessed it rocket man and the beast from south east!!

it all went wrong, hey Ron i think u won :) mate, best mate and all that (i would share with u :)

still 3.77 from a near standard car is not bad going.

see u all soon.

dale form essex
or
d

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
well done team skyline !!

Great day out, lots of moody motors, lots of flesh and nice to put a couple more names to faces.

Well done dave 666 nice car, shame u got beat by the rocket.

Ronnie its a shame i missed you, i was lookin forward to shakin your hand mate, but well done anyway

and I cant believe i missed glen, one minute he was there...........a feww minutes of poon watchin and there he was gone !! lol

well done you lot......i cant wait to be part of the action!!:D

James......:cool:

P.S. Grey r34 man ur a nutter !! lol

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Pics...

OK, someone coulda told me the chev won before as I just spent ages since getting home putting the pics and small write up on my site...

Oh well keep it a secret :D

I was pleased to run 5.51 in my standard Pulsar, beating some Evos and Supras etc :)

Wont be standard too long though, as my exhaust let go on the way home and I now sound like a big boosting Porsche. Its pretty crap though.

Anyway - Ive loaded up pics, but my ISP is being sooo slow so you might not be able to get to them just now.

http://www.pulsatingstar.dsl.pipex.com/

Cheers
Lee

PS, if anyone is in the pics and wants a copy, please PM or mail me as I have larger better quality ones.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
That TVR looks disgusting !

I have been an admirer of TVR's for MANY years - and i always planned to have one by the time i was 25 - but, i got in to Jap cars and that was that.

I still love TVR's, and i think it's criminal that someone could do that to the car - when they look so gorgeous straight out the box.

Daz

PS Top pics lee - well done mate. And as for exhausts - don't look any further than mongoose. Very loud - but gorgeous sound...pops, crackles, very rally esq.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
TVR

That is bloody hideous!!!! Why the hell would you wanna do that?!? It looks so max pants and must have cost a bloody fortune!
I take it it's Jamie Shaw's from Carisma?

Luke

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I agree the TVR is spoilt. Did sound nice though. I wonder how the NOS works (I assume its real - the car is Carismas latest demo car BTW)

I tried taking pics of loads of things I thought looked crap just to laugh at them!!! Most the other stuff was really bland anyway, and im not really into stereo gear.

Cheers for the input on the exhaust Daz. Ill just ask Abbey what they recomend and go with that. Was phoning for a service tommorow anyway, so whilst unwated trouble its good timing. Seeing as it now wont be standard, im tempted to say do the air filter aswell! (oh dear im getting mod-itis)

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Weald

Glad the GTRs did well, what were the final results?

Just a shame they still use the timing beam method for these events, which gives such inacurate results.

Not wishing to start another 'debate', but in the graph above it clearly shows that the timing started when the car was already doing 5mph. So what you have is a 5-60 time not a 0-60 time.

When we did the CarMaKarzi day last year, some car were crossing the line and starting the timing at over 10mph. I hope they staged the cars better at North Weald, so at least the results will be consistent, if still not accurate.

The 0.5 second error is obviously a big factor if the cars are doing low threes.

Guy

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was quite happy

Hi Guy,

The 0-60 skyline results were:

D 666 - 3.77

Glen - 3.60

Rocket - 3.05

we were ALL prob within the top 10 cars of the day :) maybe even top 5 ronnie was second.

Can't be bad!

d
:smokin:

·
Registered
466 Posts
cheers

thanks mate.

might try and get it rocking a little faster :)

d

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Show and Go

A good day out... well worth sneaking onto the fast car stand.. good idea Dave...:D So many women there and so many of them so fit...

Top show by Ronnie , Glen and Dave... showing everyone the way..

thanks ....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts