1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
471 Posts
I never knew you had so much guys working on cars at the same time or was it just a couple working really fast ? :chuckle:
Great work as usual :)
J

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never knew you had so much guys working on cars at the same time or was it just a couple working really fast ? :chuckle:
Great work as usual :)
J
theres only two of us that fit plus jordan the apprentice

while we where fitting this car we had the lads from tlc detailing in scotland with us who decided to stay and watch us wrap a gtr after just completing window tint training

·
Registered
471 Posts
theres only two of us that fit plus jordan the apprentice

while we where fitting this car we had the lads from tlc detailing in scotland with us who decided to stay and watch us wrap a gtr after just completing window tint training
I hope you will be training them to wrap cars as well :)
I've wondered about a clear wrap for some time but travelling down to you and back would be more miles than I've done this year and its obviously not something I'm willing to let just anyone just have a crack at.
J

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope you will be training them to wrap cars as well :)
I've wondered about a clear wrap for some time but travelling down to you and back would be more miles than I've done this year and its obviously not something I'm willing to let just anyone just have a crack at.
J
they did the training course back in february and are building there skills experience in wrapping currently

if they do paint protection it won't be from my training as i don't install it myself

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've always wondered about matt on top of the white :D
Obviously it would act as protection and thats probably the main reason I would like it but I mean a full wrap job not just one of the stone chip guard options like what the stealers offer.
Have you tried matt on white yet?
J

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
471 Posts
They look nice especially the lotus.
Sorry for spamming this thread :eek:

But would it be sensible to put a clear matt wrap over the GTR storm white or would it be pointless ?
As it is my car is still immaculate but I'm planning to take it over to the Ring/spa next year at least and this year I did 1400 miles on that trip in my Evo (more than I've done all year in my GTR) so it may pick up a stone chip or two on the way.
I would like a bit of protection but then I like white as well, I've seen the big sticker type clear front end protection before and its far from ideal.
J

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They look nice especially the lotus.
Sorry for spamming this thread :eek:

But would it be sensible to put a clear matt wrap over the GTR storm white or would it be pointless ?
As it is my car is still immaculate but I'm planning to take it over to the Ring/spa next year at least and this year I did 1400 miles on that trip in my Evo (more than I've done all year in my GTR) so it may pick up a stone chip or two on the way.
I would like a bit of protection but then I like white as well, I've seen the big sticker type clear front end protection before and its far from ideal.
J
we have never got involved with the matte clear wraps as all that was used was print laminate and every install I've seen is utter shite close up

front end installs of ppf can be done well but is costly in comparison to a full wrap

·
Registered
471 Posts
we have never got involved with the matte clear wraps as all that was used was print laminate and every install I've seen is utter shite close up

front end installs of ppf can be done well but is costly in comparison to a full wrap
Well that's made my mind up, cheers :)
J

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
914 Posts
:squintdan call me a mischief maker or you can call me Al:chuckle: as Eddie Murphy said in Trading Places, Merry New Year! 2014 is already looking blinding...keep up the superb work as NOBODY that I've spoken with says a bad word! It's a little unnerving as even the Disciples weren't above criticism!:bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:squintdan call me a mischief maker or you can call me Al:chuckle: as Eddie Murphy said in Trading Places, Merry New Year! 2014 is already looking blinding...keep up the superb work as NOBODY that I've spoken with says a bad word! It's a little unnerving as even the Disciples weren't above criticism!:bowdown1:
thanks Anil

its pretty simple really if you do a good job and treat people well you keep busy and thats all a small company wants to be

Paul

·
Registered
914 Posts
And long may your contribution and brand stay as you obviously believe in customer service that supports you brand and its certainly shows in the quality of the work and the love shown on this forum by wealthy and demanding individuals! Keep it going....

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts

My matte clear is still perfect nearly two years after it was applied.

My only caution about matte finishes is that the soot can be impossible to remove if it really bakes on, but that apples to all matte finishes, not just matte clear. But matte white must be a nightmare for the rear of a tuned GT-R...

Still not seen a finish I've preferred to matte clear over DMG though.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My matte clear is still perfect nearly two years after it was applied.

My only caution about matte finishes is that the soot can be impossible to remove if it really bakes on, but that apples to all matte finishes, not just matte clear. But matte white must be a nightmare for the rear of a tuned GT-R...

Still not seen a finish I've preferred to matte clear over DMG though.
david I've not seen you car in the flesh so couldn't possibly comment on wether the install would meet our standards but what i can say is the material used on your car if it was the same stuff robbie sent to me to install on wheels car was never intended by the manufacturer (kpmf) to wrap cars with

for that reason i refused to use it and sent it back - wheels then took the car to robbie to have it fitted

I've seen wheels car up close since and theres a lot of dirt under the edges as well as the material falling short and hanging away in corners etc

that along with the tell tale signs that the car was never taken part to install is just not what i would expect or accept

i also saw rog's car with the same material fitted and to be honest the install was probably poorer than wheels

my guess is you have a join from your wing mirror going up to the window scraper strip - a piece in the bottom of the number plate recess and if you look close the material won't go under either the wing vent or wing GTR flash

non of this is acceptable to me hence my previous comment

matte materials do require regular maintenance but if topped up with an appropriate wax shouldn't be too hard to keep looking good

that said i have a number of times advised owners not to fit matte white to a GTR due to the sooting at the rear

Paul

1 - 18 of 18 Posts