GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just bought a MY18 R35 and the driver's door handle has a small, what can only be described as a chip, where the paint has come off. I have no idea how it was caused or whether it is a common defect known about but my question is what do you think of my chances in getting Nissan to replace under warranty?

I think it is part number 80944-KB50A

Thanks in advance

door.jpg

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Pretty sim chance of Nissan replacing it. From experience with another car, if you are the original owner it might be something a dealer considers (though it needs a lot of goodwill here for the dealer to pursue with Nissan GB) but I suspect if not, they'll say it is wear and tear and not a manufacturing defect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I suspected as much. I guess i have three options. Leave as is 😱, remove and get it resprayed or buy a replacement. Over £150 by the looks of it

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
They do scratch really easily - around the door/window switches especially - respray is probably cheapest option. (Just typed that part number in and it came out at £424 incl. VAT o_O )

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
If you've got a model shop nearby, its worth looking to see if they have any Humbrol/Tamiya enamel/acrylic paint in brushed aluminium or whatever is closest colour and get a decent brush and paint it in. Then get some 2000 grit sandpaper and use a holepunch to cut out a small circle that you can glue to the rubber on the end of a pencil. Its then possible to lightly sand the touched up paint to get a better finish by just twisting sandpaper on pencil over the tiny spot. Might not even need to sand if gentle applying the paint. I know this sounds a bit fiddly/naff but you might be able to get a decent result for less than £15 that you can live with, without having to take the door card off/fiddle with the plastic trim. Either way, hope you get it sorted. (y)

·
Vendor
6,300 Posts
Other option is buy replacement carbon covers which should be available for the eba cars and are probably around £250 for the pair or get them professionally carbon wrapped

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good suggestion thanks. I see you deal with Ghost. I have another query re this but will post separately.

·
Vendor
1,905 Posts
Just go to a car refinishing Centre and they will make you a rattle can to match.

That piece pops off, it’s not screwed on or held by anything fancy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts