GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying a Kenwod DPX (or similar) head unit, or can anyone recomend a double din h.unit i could try?

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
The kenwood range is very good. I have a double din unit in mine. Can't remember the model, but its very good and looks nice. You may need to manufacture a backing plate to mount in the hole though. To my knowledge, the hole is slightly bigger than the average double din unit and leaves a 6-7 mm gap all round.
If you need some CF sheet ( approx 1mm thick) to make one, give me a shout.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have fitted a Kenwood DDX-8027 and it looks as though it was made for the car. I paid six hundred and fifty pounds for it but I have seen them advertised for as much as nine hundred ponds. Anew Digital, an Ebay shop sell them for six-fifty. You can get a navigation module, TV card and many other bolt-ons.
Regards,
Geoff.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ive got a kenwood dpx 6000 CD/MD player for sale on ebay at the mo it came out of my r33 gtst and has the mounting brackets included.I changed it for DVD player but it was a good peice of kit.It has 11 hours left and starts at £40 aint had no bids but there are 7 people watching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts