GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above i removed the plenum, i didn't really pay much attention to the dowels.Now my idle is sitting at 1400rpm.I must have put the dowels in wrong.
Does anybody know what size ones go where?
Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Was it just the plenum you removed?

There are 2 lengths of dowels in the whole inlet side. If you put the long ones where the short ones are supposed to go, you will get sealing problems.

But think you have to take off the TB to head adaptor to get to the other length ones.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i took the whole head off.How many dowels on the plenum alone?Are there not different length ones just for the plenum?
Thanks for the help, im a bit lost here.Have an idle of 1400, very annoying.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I think the plenum ones are the same length, but the longer dowels locate the TB adaptor to the head.

I remeber Mark from Abbey warning me about this, as it is very easy to fit the long dowels instead of the short ones which cause the sealing issue.

Sorry it is a long time since I did mine, so can't quite recall which ones went where.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help.I have been looking through the engine manual and from what i can see, there is 6 of each.
6*10mm and 6*14mm.It doesn't however tell me what bolts the dowels go on to ie.1,6,10 etc..Does that matter once they are the right length?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts