GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone here regretting getting cat less down pipes fitted to their car for any reason,

The reason I ask as I am looking to get some fitted very soon, I understand the car will be louder, part of the reason I want it to be honest,

I have read fuel smell can be noticed sometimes when stationary?

Has any one got the Miltek ones fitted? how do you find them?

cheers,

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you have mid-pipe, and then have de-catted downpipes fitted, therfore no cats at all, will it fail an MOT emmissions test?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
If you have mid-pipe, and then have de-catted downpipes fitted, therfore no cats at all, will it fail an MOT emmissions test?
I have never heard of anyone failing for it... Worst case have them re fitted for mot... Then swap back:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I have an ac sppedtech / russ fellows full system including downpipes. I love it, it gives the car serious presence. My exhaust doesn't have an abundance of silencing and is very much the loudest GT-R I have heard. The only time I wish for a quieter exhaust is when leaving or returning to my home at unsocial hours or when going along at circa 25mph - as it's loud as hell.

I did have to fit extra soundproofing in my boot when I got the car as I was starting to develop tinnitus LOL. I would like to fit a little more in the rear cabin and probably also do the doors as noticed a nice improvement in the car with the extra sound proofing.

Overall, I love them

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Cool in what way?
Sound?
What make did you go for?
Not sure what make as they came with the Lichfield manifold....

The reason I like them so much... I bought a Acrapovic exhaust expecting it to be loud... It wasn't until the downpipes went on that it sounded right for me...

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Jesus if you don't know what decatting the DPs Willis for your car I would hazard guess and say you dint actually need it doing! Rest assured if you do change the downpipes you are going to need a remap as well!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Had a look through the thread, that's real harsh and really underhanded.

Hopefully the guy gets what is coming to him, firm believer that what goes around comes around!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure what make as they came with the Lichfield manifold....

The reason I like them so much... I bought a Acrapovic exhaust expecting it to be loud... It wasn't until the downpipes went on that it sounded right for me...
Cheers. how do you find them on idle does it sound alot louder than before?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I have full Milltek (no cats) sounds gorgeous n deep on idle. Only gets real noisy when high in the rpm range, then it resembles a fighter jet :chuckle: Fully dynamatted inside and boot.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Where abouts are you based? I have Miltek downpipes and exhaust if you were local could hear and base a decision. I didn't take plunge till I went in one of the forum members cars at Litchfield and was sold on them within first acceleration.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yes defo. With all CATS removed the emissions test will not pass and you can be failed for removing CATS that were designed into the car.

Most stations will turn a blind eye however but you could come unstuck.

Satan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts