GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, I have received the competitors rules for next year ( others probably have too), its based on 3 classes.

I have uploaded them for you to download here : Click for Rules

Having read through the rules that concern our car, if we were to compete we meet all the regs 100% with Fuujin. I can see from some of them if Tim is to compete, his car is going to need a serious look at before it can run again having seen how the car is made as it doesnt meet a few of the regs. As for others, most dont have any of the specs for the regs so if you intend to run next year in the Pro class, you better read this asap and carefully digest it, its not too bad but you need to tick them off one by one and read them carefully. Its cool that anyone running over 150mph MUST have a parachute installed :smokin:

Anyway, download to your hearts content and pass around the different forums for those competing at Pod as it WILL concern them.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Thanks for the update. I take it this is the result of all those meetings at Santa Pod with various tuners and competitors that started some time back?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rules

Er, if you like although I didnt have any meetings with them about it, these rules have appeared recently from Pod's own initiative and they seem fair enough, afterall its about running safe.

BTW, I emailed you, no reply though......

Andy

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
These are the same rules i read last year,
i said then that i dont see many cars being changed to suit these rules!
looks like we will all go back to RWB days organised by ourselves.
These are drag car rules not street car rules!!
best of luck santa pod
Ron
ps Andy
do you have a trans blanket or did you make a scattershield?

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
ANDY i read these rules on kieths site the other night (i think there the same ones )and my thoughts were the same ,not commenting on tims cars but what little i know of some of the other top cars ,i think theres going to be a lot of people who are up against it to meet the new regs.but on a plus side i think it will make things a little fairer,it defines the classes were as someone with a true road car is,nt competing against cars developed just for compertition use,unless he,s that fast he gets moved up a class.i think it will be a good thing ,as it may stop all the bitching over things like TOTB were some very well known faces have stopped running due to the debate about whats a road legal car and whats exceptable to run under the rules and whats not.take my car a true road car should get in to low 11,s with the right driver but whats the point in risking damaging the car when your all lumped together and a 11 second run gets you know were these days.just my opinion for what it,s worth but it should open up a good debate,and respect to yourself for not trying to pass your car of as a road car because i,m sure if you wanted you could tweek it here and there and get a M O T on it:wavey: NISMOMAN ps thanks for the christmas card all the best to you all and good luke in the future

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
ANDY i read these rules on kieths site the other night (i think there the same ones )and my thoughts were the same ,not commenting on tims cars but what little i know of some of the other top cars ,i think theres going to be a lot of people who are up against it to meet the new regs.but on a plus side i think it will make things a little fairer,it defines the classes were as someone with a true road car is,nt competing against cars developed just for compertition use,unless he,s that fast he gets moved up a class.i think it will be a good thing ,as it may stop all the bitching over things like TOTB were some very well known faces have stopped running due to the debate about whats a road legal car and whats exceptable to run under the rules and whats not.take my car a true road car should get in to low 11,s with the right driver but whats the point in risking damaging the car when your all lumped together and a 11 second run gets you know were these days.just my opinion for what it,s worth but it should open up a good debate,and respect to yourself for not trying to pass your car of as a road car because i,m sure if you wanted you could tweek it here and there and get a M O T on it:wavey: NISMOMAN ps thanks for the christmas card all the best to you all and good luke in the future
Well said.

Jesus i might have a chance now.

Mick

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Have you got a scattershield then Mick?
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
i think you should have a better chance now MICK but no matter how you look at it your,s is a very highly modded road car ,not a compertition car or drag car so why should you be put in the same class as the other cars,i know it,s been done to death but an M O T IS NOT PROOF OF ROAD WORTHINESS it might be on the day you take it for one????? and yes we know most modded skylines will not pass a M O T on emissions ,but thats a lot differant to runing you road car on drag tyres or methonal.i dont think anyone was happy with the rules befor from the debats thats gone on over the years ,but like most forms of motersport the rules are changed to try and make things a little fairer for the people taking part,and not just to suit the money people or tuners/motorsport companys,i dont know about anyone else but i dont want to watch any sport/event thats dominated by one person/team:wavey: NISMOMAN

·
Registered
122 Posts
FWD Class...1 power adder...minumum weight 1043 kgs.

That'll be me screwed then!!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'm not doing anything to the Duke car, it's fine as it is.
If they won't let me run at Pod I'll just go somewhere else or not bother.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
cant blame tim for not wanting to throw more money at the duke just to please pod but hope it can be avoided otherwise it will ruin what should be an awesome year of racing

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Dave, where did the 409bhp come from? :eek: last i heard it was just over 300.
Well done mate! Hows the grip these days?

Mick, love the avatar! :chuckle:

·
Registered
63 Posts
These rules are only a "test" set which, as I understand are set to change by a considerbale amount before the start of the 2007 season.

Many of the things contained in them are not fixed. Santa Pod are interested in hearing competitors opnions and are planning to "tweak" the rules accordingly.

A safer event has to be the way forward though, so long as it doesn't exclude those making efforts to comply, because they adopt a slightly different approach!

Cheers all

Simon :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
The rules are wide open, you can do what you like as long as its up to the correct safety criteria.
How do the 4WD cars feel about racing against tubbed rear wheel drive cars?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
These rules are only a "test" set which, as I understand are set to change by a considerbale amount before the start of the 2007 season.

Many of the things contained in them are not fixed. Santa Pod are interested in hearing competitors opnions and are planning to "tweak" the rules accordingly.

A safer event has to be the way forward though, so long as it doesn't exclude those making efforts to comply, because they adopt a slightly different approach!

Cheers all

Simon :)
More like suggestions than rules then.

Ross,
That's cheating ;)

·
Banned
717 Posts

just out of interest we have an ongoing discussion on 22b.com about classes and tyre lists for 2007 as far as TOTB is concerned for us. We have been in discussion for a while and will be implementing some safety related rules/regs for sub 10s /+150mph terminal cars. we are also having a full "pro drag" class for the outright drag cars such as Keiths, Tims Duke car etc etc. Those type of cars will be allowed more leeway on tyres/trim etc. They will also have their own shootout finals and trophies. Wrinkle wall drag tyres will be allowed in this Pro drag class only. (Tyre lists currently subject to input and discussion via the ongoing threads on 22b.com.) The Pro drag type cars will not count for team points as it will be a standalone event and class.

We will be retaining the "road car" classes A fwd, B rwd, C 4wd as normal, for the overall champion trophy, with stricter tyre lists for those classes. we dont plan however on splitting down those 3 main road car classes further by weight/power/cc limits, as its already very competitive within.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts