GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
717 Posts
ANDY i read these rules on kieths site the other night (i think there the same ones )and my thoughts were the same ,not commenting on tims cars but what little i know of some of the other top cars ,i think theres going to be a lot of people who are up against it to meet the new regs.but on a plus side i think it will make things a little fairer,it defines the classes were as someone with a true road car is,nt competing against cars developed just for compertition use,unless he,s that fast he gets moved up a class.i think it will be a good thing ,as it may stop all the bitching over things like TOTB were some very well known faces have stopped running due to the debate about whats a road legal car and whats exceptable to run under the rules and whats not.take my car a true road car should get in to low 11,s with the right driver but whats the point in risking damaging the car when your all lumped together and a 11 second run gets you know were these days.just my opinion for what it,s worth but it should open up a good debate,and respect to yourself for not trying to pass your car of as a road car because i,m sure if you wanted you could tweek it here and there and get a M O T on it:wavey: NISMOMAN ps thanks for the christmas card all the best to you all and good luke in the future

just out of interest we have an ongoing discussion on 22b.com about classes and tyre lists for 2007 as far as TOTB is concerned for us. We have been in discussion for a while and will be implementing some safety related rules/regs for sub 10s /+150mph terminal cars. we are also having a full "pro drag" class for the outright drag cars such as Keiths, Tims Duke car etc etc. Those type of cars will be allowed more leeway on tyres/trim etc. They will also have their own shootout finals and trophies. Wrinkle wall drag tyres will be allowed in this Pro drag class only. (Tyre lists currently subject to input and discussion via the ongoing threads on 22b.com.) The Pro drag type cars will not count for team points as it will be a standalone event and class.

We will be retaining the "road car" classes A fwd, B rwd, C 4wd as normal, for the overall champion trophy, with stricter tyre lists for those classes. we dont plan however on splitting down those 3 main road car classes further by weight/power/cc limits, as its already very competitive within.

·
Banned
717 Posts
Its fair to say that the last 2 yrs have seen a fair few outright jap drag cars start appearing on the scene anyway. quite a few people are buidling for 8s drag only cars over the winter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.