GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
ANDY i read these rules on kieths site the other night (i think there the same ones )and my thoughts were the same ,not commenting on tims cars but what little i know of some of the other top cars ,i think theres going to be a lot of people who are up against it to meet the new regs.but on a plus side i think it will make things a little fairer,it defines the classes were as someone with a true road car is,nt competing against cars developed just for compertition use,unless he,s that fast he gets moved up a class.i think it will be a good thing ,as it may stop all the bitching over things like TOTB were some very well known faces have stopped running due to the debate about whats a road legal car and whats exceptable to run under the rules and whats not.take my car a true road car should get in to low 11,s with the right driver but whats the point in risking damaging the car when your all lumped together and a 11 second run gets you know were these days.just my opinion for what it,s worth but it should open up a good debate,and respect to yourself for not trying to pass your car of as a road car because i,m sure if you wanted you could tweek it here and there and get a M O T on it:wavey: NISMOMAN ps thanks for the christmas card all the best to you all and good luke in the future

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
i think you should have a better chance now MICK but no matter how you look at it your,s is a very highly modded road car ,not a compertition car or drag car so why should you be put in the same class as the other cars,i know it,s been done to death but an M O T IS NOT PROOF OF ROAD WORTHINESS it might be on the day you take it for one????? and yes we know most modded skylines will not pass a M O T on emissions ,but thats a lot differant to runing you road car on drag tyres or methonal.i dont think anyone was happy with the rules befor from the debats thats gone on over the years ,but like most forms of motersport the rules are changed to try and make things a little fairer for the people taking part,and not just to suit the money people or tuners/motorsport companys,i dont know about anyone else but i dont want to watch any sport/event thats dominated by one person/team:wavey: NISMOMAN

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
CHRIS T O T B it,s a difficult task you have chris to meany rules will turn people away,where as not enough rules will turn people away cos it,s just not worth competing if you dont stand any chance of winning.i for one want to see all the top cars running because thats realy what we all go to see,who wants to go to santa pod to watch a R W U B car doing a 15 sec run.dont know what the answer is ,but constructive debates can only help to come to some sort of arrangment.:wavey: NISMOMAN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.