GTR Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I doubt Andy would tell you the part number being a distributor, but if you wanted him to import one for you I'm sure he'd be more than happy :)
I also doubt Andy will tell me the part number
because it is not a std Nissan block:chuckle:
This is not about me wanting to buy one
it is about the new drag rules.
Here you go have a good read

- CLASS REQUIREMENTS -
SC/PRO 1.1 Engine:
Engine swaps permitted. Engine must be from same manufacturer as body. V-6 must be overhead-cam, production-based design. Maximum 2 power adders. Redundant power adders, such as a dual stage nitrous system or twin turbo, will be counted as one power adder. Engine must be in stock configuration.
Engine set back limited to maximum of 5% of original dimensions measured from the front spark plug to the rear axle centerline

Engine mods allowed include new internals. Must maintain OEM block,

Bye Now

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Bearing in mind most car manufacturers are now assembly companies and source everything from suppliers the "Engine must be from same manufacturer" either means an awful lot of cars will never be able to run at all or it means it must be from a supplier they use for their vehicles surely?

Like everyone else I'm not totally convinced all of the rules will work and I appreciate there is some way to go before we properly understand them but that we are getting some clarity is at least a good start.

I guess there are iterations of the rules to go through and clarification needed and this is just one of those incidents. Side exit exhausts is still unclear as are many others. Why not take a broader view and look at the rules as a whole like most people are and then see what needs to be clarified/changed?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
A HKS Hi-Deck uses an RB26 block.

Andy
Not being as rich as you :chuckle: I've never seen an HKS block in the flesh, but I assumed it was an entirely new casting loosely based on an RB26, but obviously taller? Have i got it wrong, is it a (somehow) modified RB26 casting?

(sorry for going further off topic, but i'm nosey!!)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Not being as rich as you :chuckle: I've never seen an HKS block in the flesh, but I assumed it was an entirely new casting loosely based on an RB26, but obviously taller? Have i got it wrong, is it a (somehow) modified RB26 casting?

(sorry for going further off topic, but i'm nosey!!)
My understanding (and I may well be wrong) is that HKS 2.6 and OS 3.0 take a standard nissan block and then extend it by bolting a spacer plate to it. I pressume it is then bored and has liners fitted.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Block

As I said before ' If you will actually race ' then contact Santa Pod.

Coord, I dare not advise what the HD block is all about when there are so many other experts on what it is on here, ask TommyF, he knows! :D

bye now

Andy

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.