GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R33 ran 0-60mph in 3.61 seconds & 11.94 seconds for the 1/4 mile using official timing equipment from Santa Pod on a concrete runway at Bovingdon 10miles north of Watford.
The "Beast" which I joint own with Gary of GT-ART had its first outing and ran a 3.42 seconds 0-60mph,not bad for a car thats engine was only put in on Saturday & finished off on Sunday & run-in through the night into the early hours of Monday morning.
My Blitz Supra wouldnt stop wheel spinning due to the surface but as a feature car for the Video that was being filmed & with 2 sexy girls squeezed into the passenger seat, who am I to complain.

Guy Ratcliffe did the most amazing doughnuts that I have ever seen......R34 style.....brilliant car control.
Glen looked good as usual......sorry,I mean his R34 looked good as usual.What a wonderful dad to let his son blast down the strip.
David Yu treated us all to the sound of his beautiful Ferrari screaming along.
Joss ripped down the strip looking & sounding fine in his R34.
Alan who invited us to the day took his R33, roaring from that lovely Nismo exhaust,and set some good times.
Hi Shak & Warren and hello to RK engineering with the R32.

The Video will be available soon,Alan will post information.

Thank you Gary owner of GT-ART for getting the "Beast" ready for us.Watch the 0-60 & 1/4 mile figures rapidly improve once he has done the mapping!Cheers George from GT-ART for driving my R33 to Bovingdon,a hard job but someone had to do it.

Henry.

ps.GT-ART builds & maps Skylines from mild to wild using HKS & Nismo parts,I just drive them............
GT-ART are 15 minutes past Gatwick off of the M23,phone Gary

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Bovingdon

Yeah have to agree with you their Henry, Top Day. Thanks to Alan for inviting us and I would have worn my T-Shirt if everybody else had.

So good to see GT-ART and RK Skylines doing the business. If any of you guys are interested the North Weald Drag Strip by Harlow, Essex is holding a run what ya brung this Sunday. My pal is going with his highly modified Abbey 33 that is now ready. Would be nice to get maybe RK and GT-ART up their and also the guy with the wild OS Gieken 3litre. Sorry mate forgot your name. I use mobiles a lot and short term memory loss is my problem. Mind you is it possible to use the 1.5 mile straight on the 1st September for 'testing' our vehicles as Option etc., will be their as well. Oooooooh.

Anyways great to see ALL Skylines giving it and more than once as well. Damn them Cossies are quick. Even Warrens :D .

See Ya.

T6KYO

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Monday

Yes a good day had by all
Thanx for coming guys
Glad the sun came through in the after noon
Now its down to the task of getting Adam the organiser to edit the footage and get what he wants to show.
Speaking to Adam he reckons he has enough footage for approx 45min video of the day.
It should be released in Dec along with a preview video on the front of redline
I will let you know
Sorry it was not open to everybody because the organiser wanted a vast selection of cars
Hence it went from a pug 106 to a nitro Porsche race car
Approx 60 cars in total
Thanx once again and if this ones a success then he will be doing some more in the future so watch this space
Best regards
:cool:

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Pictures

Thanx to Joss for posting the pictures up of Monday.
The pictures posted of Guy,s car are snapshots of the whole burnout which took approx 1 min 30 secs. (V Impressed)
Never seen a skyline rotate so quickly in one place before.
Don't worry Guy I will copy it to VHS for the 1st Sept and you can playback the whole experience time and time again.
(If you want that is)
Best regards
:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts