GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best wheel size tyre combo for the quarter mile.

I am currently running 19inch wheels,R33 GTR but was thinking some smaller
wheels would help knock a bit of my best effort of [email protected]

Cheers

·
Registered
720 Posts
i have some very light Enkei RP01 wheels 18x9, running awesome low milage toyo 888 soft compound road legal semi-slicks , and they have lasted much longer than i thought. only few thousand miles on them [under 5k] engine 6-650hp and they look great still....

they are excellent wheels/tyres.

having said that, i always wanted good condition 'work mister s1' [3 peice preffered] rims - if anyone wants to swap or buy mine.... just an idea...

i'd prefer tyres toyo 888 or advan Ao48 tyres 255 wide minimum, 18inch x 9inch wide minimum.

alternativly, a single Nitrous fogger injection would help a great deal, say 3600rpm to 4600rm window switch at 80bhp -120bhp N20 jet.

·
Registered
720 Posts
very best would be 15 inch rims with big tyres, but your braking ability would be scary with stock brakes!

·
Registered
500 Posts
very best would be 15 inch rims with big tyres, but your braking ability would be scary with stock brakes!
I disagree a lot with your statement. The stock brakes are more then enough to lock up all four wheels. In fact you could go smaller then stock brakes for drag simply because you don't need anything big.

You are pulling your car down from a high rate of speed once, not lapping the car.

If you want to make a serious effort at dragging look at some radial slicks, mickey thompson et streets II for example in 275/40/17. Mounting them on a 17x9.5 or 17x10. I am not sure if you can get 16 inch wheels over the factory r33 brakes. if so try and get 16's as the more sidewall the better.

·
Registered
820 Posts
If you can fit r32 gtr wheels over the brakes you are running get some of them and some mickey thompson et streets.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
We've had R32 GTR 16in rims on a R33 GTR with the brembo brakes and put 16 x 9.5 ET streets on, other than going to 15s with slicks, I think this setup would be hard to beat.

Rob

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys,i am on the case.I know she is a 10 second car just want to do her justice :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts