GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Nah mate it looks like its going head to head with that RX-7 Drag Car...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Unfortunately, drag racing in Australia is all about quick rotaries (that quite often look like trash). No other class of car is better represented. After all, when company's like Mazfix say that you can drop your 13B car off with $AUD15,000 and they will return you a 10 sec car what can you expect. :(

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
?

On the spec sheet for the HKS car it has the following -

FUEL
MAIN INJECTOR: 560cc x 6
SUB INJECTOR: 560cc x 6
FUEL PUMP: BOSCH x 3

Anyone know what a sub injector is and why they use 2 injectors rather than just a single big 'un ? at a guess I'd say for reliability and precise fuel control as it must be easier to pulse smaller injectors more accurately but does anyone know the true reason ?

cheers
Steve

·
Registered
961 Posts
better fuel mixtuer gives a finner atomisation
rather than putting big injectors in they put to smaller injectors in and give a better mixture !

·
Registered
637 Posts
Wow, that is one monster motor!

I'm trying to download the video, which is 11 megs and VERY slow, but worth it, me 'tinks. (Takes about 30 mins on isdn)

Two turbo inlets, which are capable of sucking the paint off your front door, and an intercooler which is about the size of Iceland.
It kind of makes us all feel very small in comparison, with our humble toys.
Like most of us, I'm a lousy passenger and I would hate being driven at serious speed in that monster...but I'd LOVE to have a drive!

BRING IT OVER , MARIO!
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts