61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Bean said:
Jeff,

You're right - the elusive combination :D

I'm going to try 2.8, T04Z and V-cam to get around it :cool:
my friend in Hong Kong with his BNR34 just did a 2.8L with twin GT-RS, he still think it has too much lag, so he is thinking of trying the V-cam also. He told me he heard a rumor that the V-cam is no longer available, it doesn't make any sense as it just came out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
bnr34vspec2 said:
my friend in Hong Kong with his BNR34 just did a 2.8L with twin GT-RS, he still think it has too much lag, so he is thinking of trying the V-cam also. He told me he heard a rumor that the V-cam is no longer available, it doesn't make any sense as it just came out. Any ideas?
Jeff,
It never seems to have hit the normal retail channel. Seems to be available only through HKS tuners (forget the proper name) ie the people who have the PowerWriter software.
2.8 and GT-RS was my original idea - but I've become addicted to external wastegates now... :cool:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Bean said:
Jeff,
It never seems to have hit the normal retail channel. Seems to be available only through HKS tuners (forget the proper name) ie the people who have the PowerWriter software.
2.8 and GT-RS was my original idea - but I've become addicted to external wastegates now... :cool:
Thanks for tell me, I will let my friend know.

external wastegate dumping to the atmosphere is definitely an intoxicating sound. I will be doing that to my Impreza in the near future :D

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
bnr34vspec2 said:
Thanks for tell me, I will let my friend know.

external wastegate dumping to the atmosphere is definitely an intoxicating sound. I will be doing that to my Impreza in the near future :D
And a big turbo too ? :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Bean said:
And a big turbo too ? :D
well I don't know if you can call it big, nothing like a T78/T88. I secretly want to be like Gio, so I will most likely get a GT3037 :D , but for an Impreza, it would be single, not twin :p

Power goal is 350 whp~400 whp. Good enough for a daily driver :smokin: Drivability is the main concern.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Is V-cam anything like Honda's Vtec then?

Mmmmmm - vtec AND turbo :eek: :eek: :eek: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Thanks Jason.
Jeff - should be excellent with a 3037 - good choice.
Pikey - yes Vcam is a variable valve timing mod.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts