GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you tech guys have a technical drawing/dimension's etc of a standard RB26 crank, i need these so i can send them to the person making my crank. I could take these measurements myself but i'm sure this must have been done many times over, sooooo can anyone help??

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect sending it is what i will end up doing, TBH i'm just being a tightar*e!:p:) The guy lives in Germany and you never know someone on here might have those drawing all done, which would save time and money, always worth asking the question.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not the best pic but it's got it's fairings off ATM. RGV250 (VJ22) Frame, with RG500 engine shoe horned in:clap: Mader than a mad thing:chuckle: A few excessive plans for it later!!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Not the best pic but it's got it's fairings off ATM. RGV250 (VJ22) Frame, with RG500 engine shoe horned in:clap: Mader than a mad thing:chuckle: A few excessive plans for it later!!
I had a RG500, I always wanted to do that!:bowdown1::chuckle:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM sent Mitch:)

This combo of frame and bike was always a dream of mine since way back, often you finally get these things and they turn out to be a disapointment, not in this case, closest thing i can think of is a big power, laggy Skyline with the handling of a Radical:eek::D Crazy Crazy Bike!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Farndons and Arrow Precision have drawings, probably Doug Kiddie has, too. It would be unlikely for any of them to just hand you a copy if you want a third party to make a crank though, probably easier to get one of them to do one. Farndon are cheapest.

3,665 Posts
Farndon have been brought out just a few weeks ago dont know by who though prices have gone up a lot.

Doug Kiddie made my last RB26 cranks , they have been brought out as well, they are owned by Arrows now.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Doug is doing some freelance work again, he did some Toyota Formula Atlantic cranks stuff for me recently. He's cheap, if you can pin him down. So I wonder who has bought Farndons then, I heard they were a bit shaky a while back? Ken Johnson and his MD Colin Walker with others did a management buyout in about 1997, so it's changed hands again then .....

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Just curious as to why your wanting a RB26 crank made at all when the stock crank is good for 1300-1500hp no problem?

Are you going with an unusal stroke or some other kind of difference?

Rob

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just curious as to why your wanting a RB26 crank made at all when the stock crank is good for 1300-1500hp no problem?

Are you going with an unusal stroke or some other kind of difference?

Rob
yes...i wonder why people bother too...my stock crank runs 1000hp...another one ive had a bit to do with 1350hp. They even come out straight on teardown.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know it seems strange but the reason is an unusual stroke so i have no option, and getting the drawings is the first thing that will be needed.

3,665 Posts
I know it seems strange but the reason is an unusual stroke so i have no option, and getting the drawings is the first thing that will be needed.
mmmm I know what I would do with a RB motor to try something out if I had the time and budget , get some proper liners fitted to a block (we have done a couple of sets so far) and run some big pistons 88+mm with a shorter stroke than stock!

·
Registered
955 Posts
mmmm I know what I would do with a RB motor to try something out if I had the time and budget , get some proper liners fitted to a block (we have done a couple of sets so far) and run some big pistons 88+mm with a shorter stroke than stock!
And then put some 37mm inlet valves in and you would make good power on low boost but thats my plan.:shy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts