GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how to start this. Does anyone remember Draxx and Elvira? That was Simon and Caroline Johnson, at one time the only husband and wife members with a Skyline each. We joined the register 12 years ago when life was good. Unfortunately, Simon's long standing mental health issues escalated over the years culminating in his suicide in July 2012. Sadly Simon had become more abusive and distant from me and our daughter Summer in his latter years, and was no longer the man any of you would remember.

I still have Draxxs R32 Gts4. It is in a sorry state. Not running and mid respray. I need help guys. I don't know what Simon did to this beauty, it's been a while and I don't know what to do with her. Summer and I are in a difficult position financially as Simon left us with huge debts. I could do with selling her, but wonder if it would be better getting some work done to get her road worthy.

Please help guys, any suggestions as to what to do with her would be very welcome.

It only just occurred to me to re register on here as I couldn't remember my log in details.

Thank you

Caroline -Elvira xxx

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Sorry to hear of your situation and the unfolded events.

12 years ago I wasn't even 18...

Where are you based? someone local might be able to look at the car and give some advice? you able to take any photos of the engine bay and state of the car for people to get an idea on the car maybe.

Things like that might be able to help with peoples suggestions.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I remember Draxx posting on here and Dave Wilkins subsequent thread of his passing

As Andy has said, it may be worth putting up pictures of what state the cars in currently and what needs doing as it can get quite expensive to fix cars up

·
Administrator
31,748 Posts
Hey Caroline,
Do you want me to do a password reset on your old account?

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
I feel embarrassed to say that Caroline asked me for help a long time back and I have not visited yet:(
I sit here typing this at work and it has taken me five days to spot the post:(
Post up some ideas on the way to go and I will do my best to pop up tomorrow with the kids and take some pics and see where the car is mechanically.
I did try and get someone on here interested in this car as he wanted a GTS4 but it did not happen.
I think this car would be a great project for someone.
Will pop you a facebook message tonight Caroline.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Where are you based? someone local might be able to look at the car and give some advice? you able to take any photos of the engine bay and state of the car for people to get an idea on the car maybe.

Things like that might be able to help with peoples suggestions.
Location is near Stoke-on-Trent

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I remember meeting you both at our very first skyline meet many years ago.

So sorry to hear how things turned out, if there is anything we can do to assist then will be only to happy to help

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Link to the folder - Clicky

Do you think the car is better offered for a project or to be broken for parts?

Will drop davewarrener a message.

Caroline really needs a fair price for what is a rare car. Anyone interested?

·
Super Moderator
15,843 Posts
What's a reasonable price for this car in this condition? Looks a really interesting project.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
That's got to be worth £1500 as it stands assuming it is solid, perhaps £2.5-3k running and with paint?

What is stopping it from being a runner?

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Caroline thinks it was running. I had lights on the dash and had a jump starter but not sure if the battery had enough juice to be boosted. It may be the immobiliser as well.
Think the engine is fine.
Also think Caroline will not want to put more money in to get more out but I guess that is her call.
Thanks for offers of help.
I will try and get Caroline to comment.
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Guys

Dave, you are a star. Thank you so much for helping me with this. And guys, thanks for the offers and suggestions.

Unfortunately, due to the financial position I was left in, I can't put anything into the car, though I would like to.

Caroline
Xxx

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I think the best way to get the most money out of it as it stands is to get it running and offer it up as a running project that just needs paint. Difficult to predict what it might fetch but I can see £1500 ish with a fair wind.

Perhaps if we can get some interest we could do a mini meet and get some knowledgeable people there to get it running and check brakes etc?

I'd be up for that though I am not much good for anything other than basic spannering

Simon

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Caroline I remember meeting you both at Dave's Bubble meet so I'm very sorry to hear how things have turned out. I'd love to be able to help but really all I can offer is simple spannering too. I wish you well with sending the car on to someone who can put it back on the road where it belongs. All the best, James.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
I think the best way to get the most money out of it as it stands is to get it running and offer it up as a running project that just needs paint. Difficult to predict what it might fetch but I can see £1500 ish with a fair wind.

Perhaps if we can get some interest we could do a mini meet and get some knowledgeable people there to get it running and check brakes etc?

I'd be up for that though I am not much good for anything other than basic spannering

Simon
Simon what a good idear I would be up for this anything to help

1 - 20 of 43 Posts