GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a drift question. I know the Skyline is a drift machine. first question.
- The Skyline is AWD. How do you turn the AWD off....Cause I have seen people in video's with it off and doing huge burnouts. Then other times they have it on and the tires barely spin.
- When you are out drifting, do you drift better with the AWD on or off.Or do you just never turn it off and do those nasty drifts with the AWD on.

I'm sorry if i have just confused everyone. I am pretty confused myself right now. I am really interested about getting a Skyline to the US and I am just trying to learn as much as i can right now.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
766 Posts
well the JGTC cars are all rear drive, so it can be done, but at alot of time and expense. maybe on the videos you have seen when they wheelspin they are givin it everything (or having a bad launch), and when they dont spin they are being conservative (or having a great launch).

·
Registered
905 Posts
Dead Easy in a 32!!!!

Have a look in the boot, on the right handside there is a fixed panel (drivers side) take that off and you will find a reservoir with two wires going into the cap. This is the fluid reservoir for the 4WD System. All you have to do is cut into the circuit in the cap, and place a switch in the circuit.

What this does is put a fault in the Altessa Reservoir fooling the system into thinking that the tank is dry, thus forcing the system to run in rear wheel drive only!!!! AND is completely safe to the car!!! 2WD or 4WD the choice is yours!!!;)

Si

·
Registered
766 Posts
hmmm,cool,neva knew that. i suppoose that would work for all GT-R's if you can get into the resevoir??? as the ATTESSA is set to workin RWD most of the time, is it possible to just disconnect the resevoir and stop it being able to work the front wheels, or will that just disable drive to all wheels?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I suppose but dont quote me, best thing is with a switch in the circuit you can choose which drive you want.......

You can also do it by starting the car setting off then turn the ingnition off then back on, this I reckon is a bit dodgy but doesnt allow the altessa to perform its check so defaults to RWD, obviously this has to be done at snails pace!!! Never tried it though.....

Si

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ohhh...... Must give credit to Stu-R32 for giving me the idea cause he'd already done it to his!!!!

Si

·
Registered
201 Posts
AWD to RWD...

I just fiddle with the buttons on my HKS Torque splitter - sems to do the job. Although it's wise to remember to turn it back to normal after playing - as I found out one icy morning the night after some RWD fun

Dont know if HKS still sell it though

Cheers

Iain

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
SPLITTER

YES THEY DO STILL SELL IT AND ITS THE NUTS.

I HAVE A ETC DRAG ADAPTER FROM HKS IF ANYONE WANTS IT, YOU NEED THE ETSC AS WELL THOUGH...BUT THATS NOT A PROBLEM!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thing is though......

HKS Torque SPlitter = Loads of Money, but more options
Stu's and My Way = £2.50 Switch £3 of Wire and pennies on some spade connectors and lots of sliding Fun!!!!

mmmm, what u reckon Stu on Patentiing this, and setting up FakeKS!!!

Si:eek: :D

PS Jason ABZ you Have 2 PMs

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
THE TORQUE SPLITER REALLY HELPS.
BUT YOU CAN DRIFT WITH OUT IT YOU JUST NEED:
TO GET THE BACK END OUT WHEN YOU FEEL IT COMING BACK IN CLUTCHKICK LIFT THE HANDBRAKE UP THEN RELEASE IT QUICKLY THEN GET THE POWER DOWN QUICK, BUT BE CAREFUL IT DOESNT SPIN OUT ON YOU.

ALL YOU NEED IS A BIG OPEN SPACE AND LOADS OF PRACTICE IT WORKED FOR ME. :D :smokin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts