GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the event at Mobara was fully booked, I've arranged to go on 16th Jan, to Fuji Speedway's drift circuit. I'm told there's around 30 cars booked, which is good - as there will be plenty of track time..!

I'll be taking passengers and it should also be possible for people to get rides with other drivers (I've got 2 spare helmets).

Gez, Harry and Tweenierob will be coming, Beer Baron and a few others will join us at Urayasu Station at 6.30am to be at the track for around 8am. If anyone else wants to come, let us know!

Miguel.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
wish this was today as we have a spare day today nothing planned.
we are off to du-luck and yokohama tomorrow.

what a bummer would have been excellent, thanks for the lift the other night.:bowdown1: :bowdown1:
and a bit of sideways action:chuckle:

if anything changes today will let you if thats ok.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw, shame - I didn't realise you guys were free today!

Had I known, you could have come with us to check out Bee R. I needed to go there to take pics of a 324R bodykit we've just had fitted for a customer who is also a member of www.gtr.co.uk (SiKBOY)!

As usual, Imai San was real nice and gave each of us a ride in their new Twin Charger R32. Quite impressive - a Supercharger & twin turbos running 1.5 bar!

There's always next time..

Miguel.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
No, we have plans for Tuesday. Anything going on Wed or Thurs?
If something changes tonight, it is allways possible, we may show
up @ Fuji. No promises though. Thanks for the invite Miguel.

·
Registered
265 Posts
yes, thank you very much miguel. It was a great day. Your drifting skills were very impressive. It was a nice bonus that so many garage saurus cars were out on the circuit on the same day!

thanks again had a great time, and got some nice pics too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
this is a nice one too of you talking to tomonori with both your cars there.

the powerhouse!

this ones a keeper I think. I will try and print one out today so I can give them to tomo before I leave. he was so pleased to meet some new friends I think. he must have said tanoshi about 50 times! Maybe it was all those asahis talking. lol

some more of your car.

mmm nice angle. sugoi desu ne!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the pics, Richard! That was a great day out. I started to learn how to choki dori into the bottom corner... Next I'll have to learn how get it right every time and consistently throw it in hard at around 140 km/h, screaming in 3rd gear...

I'll send the in car & spectator video footage to Brooksie for him to make a short video clip, so we can view online.

I shot around 30 mins total of TAS '07, so he can probably make a clip from that too!

See you on Saturday night at Yokohama, I guess. We might go and do some C1 street racing with the RX-7 later that evening too... Maybe ;)

Miguel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts