GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to do this tomorrow, do I need to remove the hubs and take off the hub carrier from the car to be able to have enough clearence to drill out the 12mm holes to 14mm??

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what Im thinking.. but just wondering how the others have done it... bloody pain snapping the ball joints.. might have to get some one to do it as I dont have the tools...:( time to find a good garage who wont stuff soemthing up in the process.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I do them in situ, if you are used to using a drill then it shouldn't be a drama. Enter straight and square, use a GOOD drill bit and cutting oil. Drill 13.5 first then clean up at 14 mm

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks chris, but how you do enter straight and square with out any sort of guide?? thats what scares me.. incase its goes in at an angle ive killed a hub carrier:eek:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Same way a brickie can build a straight wall, a farmer plough a straight furrow, and I can see what camber a wheel is at to a degree. Horses for courses, it's what you get used to. If you go up 12.5, 13.0, 13.5, 14.0 it will near as damn it guide itself if you are worried. or pay me to do it.... :)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I think you are worrying needlessly, unless you are totally ham fisted you should be able to do this just fine. If the hole wanders a tiny bit you can drill to 14.5 mm. The caliper is held adequately even if the holes are slightly over size (Slightly, not 16 mm holes.... ;))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts