GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it's only on Forza 3 for the Xbox 360, but it is great fun and a lot cheaper than the real thing (particularly if you stack it).

New Holidays Car Pack also includes the Ferrari 458 Italia which is stunning.

The cockpit views in both cars is spot on and I there is even an Ultimate Opal Black paint option on the SpecV.

Strangely there is still no cooking R35 GT-R available in the game, but with the SpecV's superior brakes nobody would bother "buying" it now anyway.

Tuning options include NISMO engines and aero bits from AbFlug, Top Secret, Wald etc which look exactly like their real life counterparts and wheels from Volk and Enkei.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You should try Need for Speed SHIFT.

I play it on the PS3 with my cockpit.

In SHIFT I've got a massively tuned V-spec, but even the stock GT-R is hellish fun - edit to say, watch in the rearview mirror after the Cayman collision at 24 secs :D:

My "Lotus" cockpit. May have to build a GT-R one next year :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the N4S demo and it was ok, but Forza 3 is a far more detailed and involved game.

The titanium exhaust tips even turned "burnt" blue after some serious thrashing!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Unfortunately, Forza is only for the XBox.

The PS3 is a far superior bit of kit – and has no "RROD" problems!

To play an XBox game with a wheel (the only way to play driving games), the options are either the unconvincing Microsoft wheel or the costly Fanatec wheel.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The obvious answer is to have both, which I do.
But there's no point in the hardware being superior if there is still no killer app software, which to date there still hasn't been for the PS3.

Uncharted 1 and 2 have been the closest, but GT5 Prologue? Utter crap!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts