GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my r32 gtr i could hear knocking from the front on the drivers side, it has no come to my attention that the drive shaft is loose and makes a noise when i move it. first question is should i be able to move it and should it make a noise.
second question how much is it for a new drive shaft and how easy is it to D.I.Y.
:) :thumbsup:

·
Banned
466 Posts
On my r32 gtr i could hear knocking from the front on the drivers side, it has no come to my attention that the drive shaft is loose and makes a noise when i move it. first question is should i be able to move it and should it make a noise.
second question how much is it for a new drive shaft and how easy is it to D.I.Y.
:) :thumbsup:
This could be caused by a couple of things.

A) The fron CV axle shafts are damaged joint wise. If so, buy complete reconditioned components as the OEM bits are too much $ wise.

B) The front drive shaft U-joint has damages bearings (not common). The front shaft will have to come out, then the actual U-Joint will need to be replaced

I doubt this, but worth the check as ever
C) The hanger bearing on the drive shaft behind the transmission is warn extensively and should be replaced.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
This just happened to me. Give Mark a bell at Abbey for the driveshaft.

I took mine to TweenieRob and Claudio and they did the lot for me.

They phoned Nissan on the price of a new driveshaft.... 790 PLUS VAT and three weeks shipping.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
my front CV joints were knackered - pretty cheap and easy to get rebuilt ones in Japan. Annoying problem, those front CVs...gotta watch the boots and change the boots the second they crack, otherwise the grease gets out and then the CV joint is hosed. One would think they'd make a stronger rubber boot.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts