GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried putting oil in my front diff tonight and it leaked out past the driver's driveshaft. I can't seem to get it to clip back into the gearbox (I've recently had the engine out). Last time I removed the engine the driveshaft came out easily with the screwdriver in the diff method, this time however it really wouldnt budge when I removed it. I fear I may have broken the little ring that sits on the driveshaft. Is this a likely failure and can you buy replacements??

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I understand that the clip will normally stay in the diff when the driveshaft is removed. If I have broken that clip, in the diff, is it going to jam up the diff? Will I have to pull the diff out to check this? Can you pull the diff out with the engine in situ?

I can have a replacement clip today, can it be popped onto the driveshaft, or will I have to open the diff cover (can that be done with engine in situ?) and place the circlip in that way?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Drivers side shaft is a different set up to pass side , ie it doesn't 'pop' out the same as pass side .
Get it up in the air and inspect it .

Lee

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Lee,

I've had the driver's side driveshaft out several times, my question is more based around why it won't get back in and how to replace the circlip if it's damaged.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The answer to my original question is that there was in fact a clip installed on the driveshaft and a clip sat in the diff! My mate must have taken a new one from the boot refurb kit and fitted it to the shaft without knowing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts