GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i fix that? Have this happened to anyone before? I have a r32 GTS-T and i was putting my power windows up last night and whenit went half way up, all of a sudden something snapped and the window fell straight to the bottom of the inside of my door. I took apart the door panel today and i noticed that there is this steel cable in there that is snapped. It is connected to this wheel and i don't know how to fix it or a get a new part for it. Also just so you know I'm from Canada and over here we don't have any parts for this car. Any input or help is HIGHLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
This happened to Dean on here a couple of years ago, as we just arrived at JAE. His 32 GTST did exactly the same.
You will need to take all the lining off the door, undo all the mechanism, get the window back up the rail to closed position and trap the wire tight under a bolt to keep it holding the window up as a temp fix. Make sure you wind the wire back round the rachet system before trapping it shut
I think Dean bought a second hand mechanism for about £200 from RK, but i dare say most tuners have some spares kicking about. Quite time consuming getting back together again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man, that seems to be a costly fix. I just bought the car the other day too. I'm taking it to the local Nissan dealer here in Canada to see what they can do to fix it. Although I highly doubt they will know anything about it simply because they probably have never seen a Skyline before. Canada sucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts