GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has come across this, my drivers side window won't close fully after closing the door. I have to close the drivers door then go around get in and lean across from the passenger seat to close it up fully. It's dropping fine when I open the door but just not closing!

Anyone got any ideas?

I reset the ECU using my Cobb but I reckoned it probably wouldn't make a difference (which it didn't) as it's probably a window module issue. If anyone has any other ideas it would be really helpful, perhaps there is a micro switch somewhere that is stuck that I could encourage into working again ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had the same issue last week after programming my ECU with latest Ecutek software (via a Litchfield cable) but it sorted itself out when I simply used the electric window button to wind the window down then back up again.

The other time I had a similar issue (door open and window in "up" position) was after the battery had been disconnected and I think the HPC service manager pressed the black button that is visible below the door latch when the door was open. I think it activated the window mechanism.

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Hugo I'll give that a shot,

Guys on US forum have come across the issue aswell and apparently this is a fix also

1. Switch the Ignition to the ON position.

2. Close the door.

3. Open the window completely using the button on the door

4. Pull the window switch and hold it to close the window, and then continue to hold the switch for 10 seconds even after the window is closed completely

5. Release the power window switch.

So I'll give this a go too! It appears my issue is related to my almost flat battery from a few weeks ago!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cheers Hugo I'll give that a shot,

Guys on US forum have come across the issue aswell and apparently this is a fix also

1. Switch the Ignition to the ON position.

2. Close the door.

3. Open the window completely using the button on the door

4. Pull the window switch and hold it to close the window, and then continue to hold the switch for 10 seconds even after the window is closed completely

5. Release the power window switch.

So I'll give this a go too! It appears my issue is related to my almost flat battery from a few weeks ago!
Yes that's correct, I am fairly certain this procedure is listed in the owner's manual

1 - 4 of 4 Posts