GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick one. For no apparent reason, my driver's door handle has started rattling badly whenever I shut the door (or even open it for that matter).

Anyone experienced this, and if so is there an easy fix? I don't really want to strip the door and if mine is an isolated problem I'll probably just wait until the next service.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I have a rattle from inside both doors. I believe it is the anti-theft shields that earlier JDM cars didn't have.

Over broken surfaces you can hear it and when you shut the doors.

I will get MH to sort at next service.

·
Registered
69 Posts
MH fixed my drivers door last week took 20 mins, wrong torque setting on nuts for the extra plate for thatcham conformity.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Yeah I got it in the dirvers door - Westover are doing mine next service.

Kp

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Was this the dinner plate rattle that people thought was coming from the rear suspension?

It does sound like the same rattle as when closing the door...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
i have this same door rattle too! seems to be getting worse as it used to only appear when going over extremely bumpy roads but know i hear it when i close the door too..

springy sounding rattle like flimsy metal flapping about :S

should i get it sorted (dont want things falling apart) or do you guys think it can wait till my service in december?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
i have this same door rattle too! seems to be getting worse as it used to only appear when going over extremely bumpy roads but know i hear it when i close the door too..

springy sounding rattle like flimsy metal flapping about :S

should i get it sorted (dont want things falling apart) or do you guys think it can wait till my service in december?
It is only a security plate inside the door worked loose, and is a known problem.

It will have no effect on your car at all, but may annoy you sufficiently that you want to get it sorted before your service.

It happened twice to mine, but I just got MH to fix it whenever my car went in for something.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'll try to get my HPC to look at my passenger door while they have another go at fixing my now-silent A/V system...

I also have a rattle coming from the centre console, by my left knee as I drive - anyone else have this? ... Although I'm starting to wonder if this is the root of my A/V problem... something rattling loose?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts