GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my car from Nissan on Wednesday after they replaced a headlight, and it seems that my drivers side door speaker is now broken (making a farting noise lol). I have an extended Nissan warranty but don't believe it covers the speakers.

Has anyone got a spare drivers side speaker for sale or can anyone recommend a good place to get one from/fitted?

If I was to replace the speaker myself do I need to remove the entire door trim or is it possible to pop the speaker cover off?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Ooo Matron !
2,155 Posts
I've only had mine a few weeks and the passenger door speaker started doing the same thing last week. I had it booked in with Nissan for the brakes but in the time between the booking and taking it in the problem went away. So far it's still okay. Oddly really.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I picked up my car from Nissan on Wednesday after they replaced a headlight, and it seems that my drivers side door speaker is now broken (making a farting noise lol). I have an extended Nissan warranty but don't believe it covers the speakers.

Has anyone got a spare drivers side speaker for sale or can anyone recommend a good place to get one from/fitted?

If I was to replace the speaker myself do I need to remove the entire door trim or is it possible to pop the speaker cover off?

Thanks,

Chris
The door panel has to come off as the bass speaker is held in with 3 bolts.

If your happy with the sound just replace the 1 speaker. If like me you can't live with the crap sound, contact as5606 (Andy) on here and get a proper sound system fitted.

He does all the R35 audio you need and I'm over the moon with mine.

Satan.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,155 Posts
Someone told me they had the same on their car (BWM I think). They said it was intermittent. They took the speaker out and it had a small circuit board on the back of it. A capacitor had de-soldered itself so they just soldered it back properly and that fixed it for good.

·
Vendor
1,677 Posts
Most common thing I see with these speakers is moisture damage. It a common fault and something that Nissan warranty must battle with a lot. There is a moisture membrane in the doors but it can't be that good. I worked on an 8 month old 63 plate the other day. Speakers I removed had rust on the magnet and mildew on the cone. I've seen them come out green, and being a paper cone, any hard work and it tears them. Once you take the three bolts off, they walk themselves to the bin.

I think that if it wasn't for many on dry weather driving them and storing them in the garage, the problem would be HUGE. It would be interesting to hear from a Nissan tech to see if there is a factory fix for the issue as they must see it loads.

There is no circuitry involved in the speaker setup apart from a small capacitor on the back of the tweeter. The Bose amp does the crossover work for mids/tweets and bass.

Chris, I'll be in touch :thumbsup: its a good opportunity to get something that sounds half decent in there and makes you want to turn up the volume and hear some sparkle.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Got wet main door speakers and not working. Just looking to change the speakers for up upgrade over standard, any speakers come with the correct fitting to the bose? or need to change the connectors? looking for some good ones! but only interested in changing the 2 sepakers, not amps etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts