GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been changing the oil in the transmission oils and noticed the outer CV boots are split.

Well I tried to put a stretch boot on and in my frustration with it (boot got stuck) I pulled the driveshaft out of the inner CV joint. So the inner boot has come away from the inner joint.

Well I'm a little stuck and annoyed with myself, I also split the stretch boot when it went over the joint.

Can someone recommend a guide or give me some tips on replacing the boots? I still have to do the passenger side next and put the drivers side shaft back into the inner joint and re-do the metal band that fixes the inner boot to the joint whilst keeping it in the front diff (I don't want to take it out)

I got the stetch boot by matching dimensions with the original.

help!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Don't know if this is any help, but I had to assist a mechanic do mine last week.
We struggled like hell until we undid the big ball joint which is at the rear of the hub (this is on a 32GTR BTW) - we had already undone the track rod end & the steering bar.
Once all three had been undone the drive shaft came out of the hub reasonably easily. Then we could slip the boot over the joint.
Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts