GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any RoI based members in this forum? I’m thinking of bringing my (decatted) car over in May and wondered how hot the Garda are on emissions/exhaust noise? Are there many road side checks etc? I’ll be going from Dublin port, through the tunnel, and down the motorway to Kildare and Carlow. TIA.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Any RoI based members in this forum? I’m thinking of bringing my (decatted) car over in May and wondered how hot the Garda are on emissions/exhaust noise? Are there many road side checks etc? I’ll be going from Dublin port, through the tunnel, and down the motorway to Kildare and Carlow. TIA.
You will be fine! You won't get stopped if you have a loud car like a GTR. My GTR is quite loud and all it does is get positive reception from other people. They are very rare over here as they are so expensive to register, tax etc so for most people its a treat to see one. The only reason you could stopped is for having UK plates as some Irish people chance their arm and drive on UK plated cars to avoid paying the ridiculously taxes but once they see you are a UK resident you will be grand!

Enjoy the spin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You will be fine! You won't get stopped if you have a loud car like a GTR. My GTR is quite loud and all it does is get positive reception from other people. They are very rare over here as they are so expensive to register, tax etc so for most people its a treat to see one. The only reason you could stopped is for having UK plates as some Irish people chance their arm and drive on UK plated cars to avoid paying the ridiculously taxes but once they see you are a UK resident you will be grand!

Enjoy the spin.
Thanks. Much appreciated. I also just thought about the fuel Ron and read 95 is most common in Ireland, but luckily I have a Litchfields map so can adjust accordingly 👍

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks. Much appreciated. I also just thought about the fuel Ron and read 95 is most common in Ireland, but luckily I have a Litchfields map so can adjust accordingly 👍
Correct on the fuel, you will not be able to get anything above 95ron in Ireland (south) I think in the North you can get higher octane fuel alright.
I have the switchable maps on my car too via Ecutek (litchfield) but it is always in 95ron mode here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts