GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered what other peoples driving styles were like when it comes to the GT-R

How often do you slip into Auto and take the lazy option?

Also when in manual do you try and catch every gear change manually (when not in race mode) or do you let the car do the down change sometimes (e.g when coming to a complete stop at a junction).

I drive in manual 75% of the time (I typically only use auto if stuck in very slow moving traffic or if on a long motorway cruise). I do find myself though quite often letting the car downchange gears when coming to complete standstill if Im not in race mode.

·
R35 Section manager
10,918 Posts
I use the car in auto and in manual if I'm on a spirited run

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
When I got the car, it was on stock MY10 gearbox software, so I tended to use manual more. But with LC6 + Super R mode in the EcuTek, I'm using manual less, but still a fair chunk.

I am always in auto until the gearbox temp is up and the engine oil is > 60 degrees, then I'll move to manual and have a play, or R mode.

Always in auto for traffic, though.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Always manual for me. Tell a lie, I used auto once one and half years a go when I picked her up and was stuck in traffic. Just so I could see what all the gadgets were lol.

I like the car to move around under me so I leave her in R,C or Norm, R. If I'm feeling brave when it's dry then traction turns to off. Before I started my cleaning sesh today I went out for another play. Once she'd warmed through I gave it the beans and still love the way the back kicks out at even low speeds :chuckle: I know, I know, not big or clever, but I find it [email protected] fun and that's all that matters :) obviously only when it is clear and safe to do so ; )

I should try auto I suppose but I love having total control and my progressive driving style means I'm not normally doodling along lol.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I should try auto I suppose but I love having total control and my progressive driving style means I'm not normally doodling along lol.[/QUOTE]

How many points have you collected :p. We do have police in Norfolk too, you know :D . (They don't prevent much crime, but they're good at other things)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I'm usually into manual by the time i've got down the end of my road. Never ever put it in auto, even if in traffic or if just cruising.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Auto for town driving manual for open roads

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I should try auto I suppose but I love having total control and my progressive driving style means I'm not normally doodling along lol.
How many points have you collected :p. We do have police in Norfolk too, you know :D . (They don't prevent much crime, but they're good at other things)[/QUOTE]

Lol, I was only visiting Norfolk ; )

I actually live very close to Kent's Traffic headquarters so have learnt to be very observant and only let her move around when clear and safe to do so :thumbsup:

Oh, and I don't want to jinx myself, but none thus far.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Ha, good to hear Saucyboy.. Stay clean and safe!;)
Back to OP - I probably have 50/50 split between auto and manual, just depends how my mood takes me, and traffic conditions .

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Wow can't believe most of you guys use auto. I find it dreadful, literally 123456 and you're doing 35mph. Boring as hell to me.

I stay in manual all the time and change every gear myself up and down. Absolutely love the DC gearbox, one of the best features on the car for me. The way you can use it to control the rear end is magic. Have driven mercs and a ferrari with flappy paddles but they seem like dinosaurs in comparrison.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts