GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just past the 300 mile mark in my Black-Black and beginning to enjoy Manual! Quick question though: should you lift off the throttle at all when changing up? In the Ferrar 430 /360 i remember seeing that the recommendation is to lift slightly as you change up.....

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I'm just past the 300 mile mark in my Black-Black and beginning to enjoy Manual! Quick question though: should you lift off the throttle at all when changing up? In the Ferrar 430 /360 i remember seeing that the recommendation is to lift slightly as you change up.....
There is no need to lift off in the GTR as its a double clutch.

Automatically operated clutchs on manual gearboxes (e.g. Aston Martin's, some Fezzas) it makes for smoother changes if you lift off when changing.

Beanz meanz godzilla!

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'm up to just under 500 miles now. Was using auto for the first 300 as it's an easy way to keep revs below 3500.

The running in procedure doesn't give a rev limit for 300-600 miles, so I've allowed myself and extra 500rpm and set the manual shift indicator light to 4000rpm. As recommended on here, I've also switched to using manual mode and, after using it over the last few days I have to say it's way better than auto. Gentle throttle openings, short-shifting to keep in the 2500 to 4000 rpm range and it still feels very quick. Can't wait to get those revs up a bit after the 600 mile mark.

I've noticed the auto select down to 1st when pulling to a stop takes forever, so have been doing it manually.

Am I being too conservative on the rev limit for the 500 mile point? Not sure what everyone thinnks, but I'm inclined to keep it lowish until 600.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
yep, keep it lowish

·
Registered
485 Posts
0- 300 No more than 3,500 revs
300- 600 Use full revs, but feed power progressively (i.e. don't stamp right foot!)
600-1,200 Use full revs, feed progressively, stay in gears 1-4 and keep revs high where possible

Simples

1 - 6 of 6 Posts