961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i failed my test today
6 minus and two serious
2 for gears
1 for mirror
the rest for going too slow up to junctions !!!!! :(

i am happy coz i drove spot on !
but the [email protected] just failed my to keep his pass rate down!

maybe next time !

·
Registered
466 Posts
did tell you to drive a skyline - then you wouldn't have been going to slow at all :(

Hey it took me twice and they say people who pass on the second test are better drivers :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Don't tell anyone...

...But I failed my first driving test too. I still maintain to this day that there was nothing wrong with my driving on that day. I was given a major for 'observation' because I pulled out into a gap in traffic the examiner said wasn't big enough. Anyway at the time everyone who I know that had that examiner failed, so he had a bit of a reputation for being harsh...

Passed the second time with about 3 minor faults, the examiner wasn't so interested in the test, but more interested in picking my brains on Computers, and I guess that is the key to passing - get on with the examiner, or wear a short skirt (this usually only works if you're female though!)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just to prove how silly it is.

Comming straight out of the centre he asked me to pull over and do a reversing manoeuvre... I carried straight on mind was a blank :)

He questioned why I didn’t stop I panicked looked in the mirror and saw there was a car near where he wanted me to stop and I blurted out I felt it was dangerous - he looked in his mirror and agreed :)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
LOL

When I took my test I skidded on my emergency stop because I was so tense. Everything I was taught beforehand about how best to stop the car went out of the window and I planted my foot right on the brake.

I skidded about 10 metres, maybe more.

Still passed. :D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Well I ****ed my driving test up twice!!! Having said that, I drove worse on my 3rd attempt than on my two fails but I still passed. Its gotta say sumin...

Rob

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I dont want to boast!!! but passed first time... having one of the renown hard instructors at my centre, Even having HIM apply brakes as I leave the test centre to stop me from rolling ove a pedestrian!!!
Shame I couldnt use that licence for 2 years after gettng it... being a waster student at the time couldnt afford a car!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bad luck mate!

Took me 3 times as well - and the short skirt doesn't work - 1st examiner was a woman!!!!

Personally, I'm quite interested in seeing you in your short skirt Polarbearit!!!;) - Lying across the bonnet of your car for the next issue of Max Power maybe??????:D

Caroline

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Passed first time, one minor fault - "chopping" at the wheel, which apparently means turning the steering the most minor amount from one direction to the other without actually affecting the direction of the wheels (i.e. not actually making any adjustments). Apparently i do this when overtaking parked cars !

Other than that, flawless :D Although i'd certainly never claim to be !!! Anyway, i've picked up too many bad habits over the 9 years of driving !

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my exsaminer didnt want to talk !
he missed me cross my arms on the 3 point ,

my emergance stop was crap
it was more like a gental stop, in my car its the oppasite!
ill use my car next time
better vissabilaty and i drive faster.

proberly fail for going too fast !

·
Registered
905 Posts
Passed first time, dont know how when I went the wrong way, shouted at the instructor, and threatened to deck him.....

Coming up to a round about with a flyover, he says nothing, so I change lanes and go' straight on' over the flyover. I didnt tell you to do that he says, I say Well next Fu..in time youde better let me know before two foot from the junction then you T-at, No calm down Mr Johnson, it got worse from then on, but still he passed me.......

Si;)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Driving test ??

Driving test what's that then ???.... didn't have 'em in my day :D

Keep 'plugging' away Gus, it will happen :)

RonS

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Elvira said:
Personally, I'm quite interested in seeing you in your short skirt Polarbearit!!!;) - Lying across the bonnet of your car for the next issue of Max Power maybe??????:D

eeekk - Sounds like my secret is out now...

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Bad Luck

Sorry to hear...Be positive and ave another go!

I passed 1st time, but I managed to screw up the reversing round the corner...like I mounted the kerb! Oh and don't forget the emergency stop...I locked the wheels..Ooops!

I didn't wear a short skirt, but I remember just how good lookin' he was!.

Mind due if I took a test today, I'd probably fail

Claire

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Gus,

Don't take it to heart. Half the time they get out of bed the wrong side and fial anyone they like. The rest of the time they just wanna get home and mow the lawn so they pass everyone.

Try and use the time between now and the next one to smooth out the rough edges - but don't pick up any bad habits!

So does this mean you'll be saving up for a GTR?
The insurance will probably cost even more!!!!!!

John

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
iam after a bluebird

gotta start somwhere in the nissan family !
i hate hatchbacks !
my freids are into messing around like trying to push each others car down the road so i need a car i dont mind getting hurt !

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Tortoise

Ironic isn't it, that God gave the tortoise a drag factor of 0.03. - graffiti

Gus,

You miss the point. The shape of the tortoise means it gets a lot of lift at the back due to the reduction in pressure above the shell. The truth is the tortoise could go a lot faster but its rear legs would lose traction. Now, if you put a spoiler on the back of a tortoise you would see a big difference.

;)

John

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
now if you miss the other pint what about the ground effect it gets from the suface pattern underneath
and its also frount leg drive so any traction it has on the back slow it down at high speed !! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts