GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Midori Seibi makes them for R34s. Anyone know of a company that makes these, or any dry carbon manufacturers that can make one for me? PM or reply here. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Electra maybe??

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Maybe he's a secret millionaire?
:D
bob

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I could just drive there and save on shipping. I need a good Christmas present.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, your location says Kobe, too. Do you have a shop down there or do you know a company that can do it? Feel free to PM me about it. Do you need a bumper for a template or are you set to go? Let me know.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Re the R33 dry carbon bumper, they can make R33 n1 type, but they need a pre-order of 5 bumpers. (one off can be done but price would be astronomical)

I will have an idea of prices this week (now we have all returned back to work in Japan)

Rick

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, hmmm. are there 4 others out there that want this>????

1) #09
2)
3)
4)
5)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
What does an N1 type look like in dry carbon? Depends on the price. Any ballpark figures? :D

·
Registered
972 Posts
OK guys, working to try and make this as cheap as possible.....

R33 GTR N1 front bumper in full dry carbon is Yen: 399,000 (postage out) and then need 5 orders minimum. (Japan customers need to add 5%tax to the above figure)

@ thrust: will try to get photo, one was made before but they may not have photo...will check tho.....other than that it will be imagination time.

Also, I can have other parts made too, listed below
R32 GTR full dry carbon door Yen: 281,000 (one door + Post Exclude)
R32 GTR Full Dry carbon rear wing Yen: 178,000 (post excluded)
R32 GTR full dry carbon trunk Yen: 281,000 (post excluded)
R32 GTR Full Dry carbon bonnet (not rains type but has duct) Yen: 291,000

R33 GTR full dry carbon bonnet 400R type (no under support) Yen: 249,000
R33 GTR full dry carbon bonnet 400R type (undersupport) Yen: 299,000
R33 full dry carbon trunk Yen: 281,000
R33 Full dry carbon door Yen: 281,000

R34 GTR full dry carbon bonnet (nismo style) Yen: 299,000
R34 GTR full dry carbon door (1 piece) Yen: 281,000
R34 GTR full dry carbon trunk Yen: 281,000
R34 GTR full dry carbon front bumper (normal style) Yen: 387,000

Remember all need to be a group order or they will not make the parts, I hope thats of interest to some people.

Rick

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Me too. I'm out. Thanks for the quick reply though. I was just curious really. If I really started putting carbon on the R33, it'd be from somewhere like the bonnet first. My carbon front splitter is totally knackered from my inability to get the speed and timing right for London's happy road humps.

Was there a lower-priced wet carbon, or a semi-carbon available, Rick?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Me too. I'm out. Thanks for the quick reply though. I was just curious really. If I really started putting carbon on the R33, it'd be from somewhere like the bonnet first. My carbon front splitter is totally knackered from my inability to get the speed and timing right for London's happy road humps.

Was there a lower-priced wet carbon, or a semi-carbon available, Rick?
I have a few companies we have used for carbon parts here before, so I will ask them for a price. For money CFRP would be the cheapest and strongest option for aeroparts. Let me ask for you today, have you returned to London then Thrust? No longer in west Japan?

Rick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts