GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this is the wrong section but I'd like to gauge if there's any interest in organising a group buy for the DSC Sport suspension controller from PTSYS.

I've been considering one for awhile and then a new GTR came along into my life which made me forget for a while but now I'd really like to try it out.

I've had a brief chat with Hugh Keir but haven't finalised any figures so I thought I'd see what the forum consensus which will hopefully lead to a nice discount.

https://www.ptsys.uk/

As far as I know it's compatible with any year GTR running either stock, Litchfield or any other iteration of the Bilstein shocks with the stock adjustment unit (comfort, normal, race) in place.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
For those with the Litchfield suspension I have spent a lot of time modifying the maps to give what I think is the best R-N-C settings.

These are tailored to my personal preferences for a a wider range of differences between the 3 settings and have Hugh***8217;s other settings changed by him to minimise diving on braking and front end lift on WOT.

I***8217;d always be happy to share as and when this GB happens.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
For those with the Litchfield suspension I have spent a lot of time modifying the maps to give what I think is the best R-N-C settings.

These are tailored to my personal preferences for a a wider range of differences between the 3 settings and have Hugh's other settings changed by him to minimise diving on braking and front end lift on WOT.

I'd always be happy to share as and when this GB happens.
I am in if the price is good and this goes ahead. I have a MY17 with Litchfield suspension so would love your master settings if you would be so kind ***x1f60a;

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
We***8217;re sort of at a mid way point with 5 potentials, c***8217;mon guys there must be more out there wanting a decent product.

How about Hugh putting some more upto date info here please for potential people who are***8217;nt fully aware of product and what it does?

·
Premium Member
902 Posts

These are tailored to my personal preferences for a a wider range of differences between the 3 settings and have Hugh's other settings changed by him to minimise diving on braking and front end lift on WOT.

I'd always be happy to share as and when this GB happens.
Andy, i have recently got the litcho sus kit,
Have you tested your set ups on track? im interested to try your maps. I have had the DSC unit for 11 months now, the last month using litcho sus kit.

Do you prefer the car to be more 'pointy' or drift out understeer?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Andy, i have recently got the litcho sus kit,
Have you tested your set ups on track? im interested to try your maps. I have had the DSC unit for 11 months now, the last month using litcho sus kit.

Do you prefer the car to be more 'pointy' or drift out understeer?
Hi buddy.

It's a shame we never got a chance to chat at Kendrew the other week.

I've not been on track since I fitted the DSC unit, mainly as my build has been ongoing (my fault re MAP sensors, manifolds etc) so I haven't felt comfortable really driving in anger. The runway day settled my worries tbh so I'll be heading out on track in the new year.

I much prefer a pointy direct car thats tight and controlled.

Hugh's original maps had way too much bounce and wallowiness in the Comfort setting and not hard enough in Race either.

I got hold of a map from a US Nismo owner who's a bit of a race driver too and transplanted those settings into a map that Hugh had stiffened up for me over a few tweaks.

I also found Hugh's original maps which softened the inner front strut on cornering unpleasant on the road. The lack of grip on that inner wheel was not right for me (the premise being that on track you'd be able to run over the rumble strips) so Hugh removed that.

The sheer amount of adjustability of teh DSC controller is both a blessing and a curse. It can take a lot of tinkering to get the best out of it for each person.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys, thanks for the interest. The following is the offer from Hugh -

"The list price in the UK is £1000+ VAT.

What you get is :-

One DSC Sport controller.

Easy to follow fitting instructions

My contact number should something need clarifying.

Lifetime support for any map adjustments

All delivery charges to your address.

The controller will be pre-programmed with maps that are customised to the spec of your car, your driving style and the way you like your car to be balanced.

For the group buy, if there are 5 people, the price will reduce to 950 + VAT

For group buy numbers between 5 and 10, the price for everyone will reduce by a further £10, so if we get to 10 people, the price for everyone will be £900 + VAT."

If we can get 10 people then we're looking at 10% off which I'll be happy with. Copy and add your name to the list as you wish.

1. DocT

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Hi buddy.

It's a shame we never got a chance to chat at Kendrew the other week.

I've not been on track since I fitted the DSC unit, mainly as my build has been ongoing (my fault re MAP sensors, manifolds etc) so I haven't felt comfortable really driving in anger. The runway day settled my worries tbh so I'll be heading out on track in the new year.

I much prefer a pointy direct car thats tight and controlled.

Hugh's original maps had way too much bounce and wallowiness in the Comfort setting and not hard enough in Race either.

I got hold of a map from a US Nismo owner who's a bit of a race driver too and transplanted those settings into a map that Hugh had stiffened up for me over a few tweaks.

I also found Hugh's original maps which softened the inner front strut on cornering unpleasant on the road. The lack of grip on that inner wheel was not right for me (the premise being that on track you'd be able to run over the rumble strips) so Hugh removed that.

The sheer amount of adjustability of teh DSC controller is both a blessing and a curse. It can take a lot of tinkering to get the best out of it for each person.
It is a shame, was just trying to get the fastest lap on the handling circuit with a passenger as well ;)

Glad your mind is at ease, I had the same at Silverstone last GTRDC day. the last lap there i blew the arse out my engine so the omens were present, but have now gone... which is a rewarding feeling.

Ref the maps, I am the same, I want a point and squirt car, not a bouncy understeer. i would be interested in trying the map as above.
I know what you mean about the inside wheel softening, it is a tad weird on the streets...

I am at Donington Sept 25th (unsilenced event) and Silverstone October 9th if you want to do a track day soon?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
It is a shame, was just trying to get the fastest lap on the handling circuit with a passenger as well ;)

Glad your mind is at ease, I had the same at Silverstone last GTRDC day. the last lap there i blew the arse out my engine so the omens were present, but have now gone... which is a rewarding feeling.

Ref the maps, I am the same, I want a point and squirt car, not a bouncy understeer. i would be interested in trying the map as above.
I know what you mean about the inside wheel softening, it is a tad weird on the streets...

I am at Donington Sept 25th (unsilenced event) and Silverstone October 9th if you want to do a track day soon?
Fat chance of any track days in the foreseeable, combo of work/family/few other bits!

PM me your email and I'll send that DSC map over to you to try.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
C***8217;mon guys get your name down for a decent proven product.

Easy to self fit

Easy to put back to std if required

Should hold a decent resale value if you wish to sell as the there***8217;s no used ones on the market.

Relatively inexpensive to other suspension components and makes better use of what you already have

Free lifetime backup, can***8217;t think of any other at the minute with same or similar backup

In all honesty I can***8217;t think of any negatives

·
Registered
585 Posts
1. DocT
2. Skint
3. mcz
4. gtrsam(needs shipping to Sweden)

Come on now sign up ... you know you need some new toys :)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
To clarify before I come in, how do you change the settings? Can it be done with a laptop or is it a case of liasing with supplier for a change?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
To clarify before I come in, how do you change the settings? Can it be done with a laptop or is it a case of liasing with supplier for a change?
borat 52,

I supply a USB cable with the DSC Sport controller.

The cable can be used with the DSC Sport software

If you would like to adjust the maps yourself, you have full access to do this, just as charles charlie has done.

I will also prepare maps for you to load if the initial maps need adjusting.

There are special drag maps, maps for runway days and also for tracks as well as everyday fast car that can be supplied and modified to suit your driving style.

Maps take about 20 seconds to load using your own laptop, so is a simple process.

Thanks

Hugh

1 - 20 of 111 Posts