GTR Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
See my review. In short, with hindsight I wouldn't have bothered with the suspension. DSC wasn't available at the time. But I don't track my car. So others who do may see gains from having both.
1. I love a gadget.
2. Litcho suspension cannot dynamically adapt its characteristics to the forces acting on the car when driving. The DSC unit can and does.
3. The DSC unit allows me to tune the suspension to my requirements. Reduced diving on braking, reduced front end lift on WOT (my main requirement actually), reduced body roll as the DSC unit applies differing damping forces to each side of teh car.
4. Much softer comfort but with reduced wallowing that softer damping rates can bring about.

Lots of reasons why an adaptive suspension controller makes our cars' suspension (whichever Bilstein version you run) better.

My only gripe is that teh DSC unit end user software is not intuitive.
So in a way, if you have a fully working stock suspension, add a DSC controller then you don't need to buy Litcho suspension...? as the DSC is doing a similar job, but with even more granularity...

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
As CC says, it's doing a completely different job.

I wanted a more comfortable every day car. The bilstein suspension is better than stock but not enough of a difference for 3k in my opinion. 1k for the DSC can do comfort so much better than a suspension change alone and so much more as CC said.

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
So in a way, if you have a fully working stock suspension, add a DSC controller then you don't need to buy Litcho suspension...? as the DSC is doing a similar job, but with even more granularity...
Yes and No.

Litcho suspension is a change of springs, dampers and rear ARB.

You get a change in ride height, front/rear rake plus changes to understeer that teh DSC unit can only marginally effect.

Ultimately it depends on what you wish to alter to your ride and handling.

The DSC unit allows tuning of many facets of how the car rides beyond what any passive suspension component can, but is limited to affecting damping rates.

The Litcho (or any suspension kit for that matter) changes the car's set up in other ways as it also includes different springs and rear ARB.

They work in harmony with some overlap with regards damping, but otherwise you need both to really see how they work together.

Chronos you could do with driving my car to really see the ride and handling improvements.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
If any of the GB chaps want to try out my personalised map then shoot me a PM with your email address.

Whilst it's based around my car having Litcho suspension/handling kit/Eibach front ARB/non RF tyres, a few forum members have tried it (who have standard and Litcho suspension btw) and the feedback has been very positive.

Race and Normal are stiffer than OEM, Comfort is softer. My map is an adaptation to Hugh's original work that I spent most of summer 2017 tinkering with.
It is good, i have it ;)

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Update on the DSC Sport Group Buy status as follows:-

1. DocT DSC Sport shipped out 1st Oct
2. Skint DSC Sport shipped out 1st Oct
3. mcz DSC Sport shipped 1st Oct
4. gtrsam DSC Sport shipped 1st Oct
5. dentalwizard DSC Sport confirmed received
6. R1Mark DSC programmed and ready to collect
7. Sin DSC Sport confirmed received
8. Borat52 DSC Sport shipped out today
9. Gasman DSC Sport shipped out today

Will get the remaining controllers shipped out as soon as I can.

Look forward to hearing back your findings on the DSC Sport technical discussion thread

Thanks to all.

Hugh

101 - 111 of 111 Posts