GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I know some people have dual 044's mounted intank in their R32's. Interested in how they've been mounted. Anyone have any pictures at all ?

Cheers
Stu

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Mine had dual OEM pumps mounted side by side intan, bolted cradle to cradle with 2 M6 bolts feeding into the stock feeding pipe worked fine and was running around 600 flywheel hp back then...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I'm basically aiming for enough fuel for a maximum of 800 flywheel HP but the car will be prodominantly a road car so I'm not keen on filling the boot with a surge tank, pumps and pipework.

I currently have a single 044 in (or on) the current tank bottom slide on cradle so I'm trying to work out the best way to adapt the cradle to hold two 044's.
Also wondering about the fuel tank top plate and how people have done their power connections and feeds/returns to the dual pumps.
For the wiring a search has revealed that some people drill the top of the plastic tank and use a length of stud with a ring connector either end for the power feed with the original power/earths being used as the new earths which seems like a good idea although I'm wondering if that can be done with the tank top plate itself as I seem to remember it was made out of plastic when I had it apart before ?

For the fuel side - at the moment my options, as I see them, are to:

1) Use the current feed and return fuel pipes in the tank top plate and under the car as dual feeds for the engine bay with one of the unused HICAS pipes as a return to the tank with a suitable bulkhead fitting in the top of the tank or tank top plate. Obvious problems there will be connecting on to the current lines. Not sure of their size but I'm guessing it will be metric like the powersteering hard pipes so using AN fittings may be an issue ?

2) Install two new aluminium fuel lines. AN8 feed and return with the feed Y'd at the front and the back of the car. Problem there will be connecting on to the fuel tank top plate feed and return pipes and obviously bending the pipe into shape.

I'm leaning towards 1) at the moment as I have the pipe already and its bent to the shape of the underside of the car ! Any thoughts from anyone thats got a similar system ?

Cheers

Stu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts