GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know weather it is still being produced and when, or any news about this vid.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes I do'

The short answer is from the bloke I spoke to at duke video (and I'm not afraid to admit that I've just phoned them) is quote " we're not actually doing a dedicated (dedication's what you neeeeeeed....) skyline DVD at the monent, but that's not to say we won't use the footage that we took at the various meets in one at a later date, plans can change, blah, blah..... We do make type specific video's such as the Ferrari boxed set ( oooooooooh iiiinteresting ) and the best of British collection; Landrover, mini, Rolls Royce (cor I imagine that's a high octane video) so in the future blah,blah, blah........ Now we did use some footage in the 'Trackday warriors DVD , but only a coupla minutes....."

Hope you weren't getting too excited about this video,

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
I hope that's bollox seeing as we spent a day at Oulton Park filming for it! I'm on the case, will report back.....

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Scott,

I've mailed Stewart. Seems strange to me as I understand that they are doing some more filming soon in Europe. Jamie knows more, I wasn't involved or included in any plans.

Peter.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Scott said:
Want my petrol and tyre money back if not. :mad: :mad:
Not to mention 8 hours driving to and from Oulton, the Travel Lodge the night before, etc. etc. You're more than welcome to call Duke though Scott if you'd like to. As soon as I hear from Stewart (he's freelance to Duke), I'll put it up.

·
Banned
349 Posts
They are making a Skyline specific Video.

They are aiming to launch it at Christmas, We are arranging to film at the ring in November.

Jamie.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
I've called Duke and a bloke called Rick said he'd go talk
to the production department and call me back.

Surley we weren't all that crap was we Pete??:confused:

I'll keep you all posted when he calls back.

So you recon they are still filming then Jamie??

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Duke called me back.

Unfortunatly the people answering the phones
don't always know the latest info.

Apparently its still due Spring 03.

The last thing I heard they were editing it.

Maybe it came up too short, and so there need more film.:rolleyes:

Anyway, fingers crossed.;)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Straight from the 'horses' mouth....

Edited highlights anyway!

"Hi Pete,

I'd be interested to know who 'the bloke' was at Duke - probably a telesales type who couldn't find Nissan GT-R on his 'imminent release' sheet so recited the standard script.

Anything can change of course, but per a meeting with Peter Duke a couple of weeks ago, I'm 100% committed now to the GT-R prog...to the point that if we can get access to Nissan and Nismo we'll probably be going to Japan in January! Problem so far has been that Nissan GB are brushing me off...I need a good top level PR person there who can start setting some shoot opportunities up for us, otherwise it'll be just you guys having fun at Oulton Park and doing a dyno shoot-out! The thing that really makes my recent Lotus prog special is the 4 days shooting we did at the factory and on their test track.

So the short answer is...Nissan Skyline GT-R is programme number 3168, and should be ready for release next Spring/Summer on DVD and VHS.

Best wishes"

Have pm'd Shin to see if he can help on the Japanese angle.

Peter.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The Lady on the phone, on the front line, very helpful though she was, didn' tknow anything about the DVD. Rather than humouring me, I am pleased tp say she passed me on to some bod who sounded as though he was in a leather chair and is a decision maker. I did refer to the camera crew at oulton and also the dyno day, This bloke seemed to know of this filming.However h e did say quote "we did quite a bit of filming at Milton Keynes (does that mean bedford) ? and we used most of that"!

Needless to say, I didn't ask for the blokes name, as at the time it didn't seem important.
:mad:

The guy did use the standard cover all disclaimer "plans can change" but did add "the skyline is the sort of car we are interested in"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts