GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the batts gone off so Im gonna take the batt off...then realised i aint got the radio code and got no idea on the alarm, heard sumthing bout the hicas goin off if batt off too

I got a cheapo solar trickle charger...can i slot the solar charger into the lighter socket then take off the batt? then put another batt in

Is the solar charger enuf to keep the radio and the ecu and the hicas when the batt is off?

sorry for dumb question but need your help

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
afaik, as long as the wheels are pointing dead straight everything will be ok.
it was something to do if the wheels are turned and the battery is replaced it messes up the rear steering.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
You cannot use a solar charger through the lighter socket - that is an ignition feed only, not a permanent feed. I doubt it would supply enough power anyway.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers mateys.. what im gona do now is...actualy when it stops rainin sometime in feb lol

can i hitch up jumper cables to my car's leads n then put it on a spare batt...

then if i take off the old batt there still current going to the stuff...

but is 2 batt connected too much current..but the car aint started neways :chairshot

sory been a dumb week for me lol

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Just be very very careful with the battery leads when taking out the old one and putting in the new one; don't want to short it out!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers dan, ur a star mate....

cheers ru, as long as I be careful so that the + and - leads are far from each other it shud be alrite rite?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Yep; make sure the leads don't touch anything, including the chassis metalwork etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts