1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Thanks Speedy for posting this up with proper photographs and a link to the full write up and comments on the GTROC ? GTR Owners Club site.

I have been inundated with positive comments from Jake's weekend and already received some offers for 2014 in the BTCC.

This week is a catch up for me after the hectic run up to the Brands weekend

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Why is the young lady holding a Rob Austin sign? Team maybe, but that looks like young Jake!

Can we not run MM2 next year in BTCC with Jake at the helm?

DaveG

PS, why are the brake lights on in all the pictures? Brakes are useless, they only slow you down. :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
That is Jake's girlfriend who was holding Rob's board. I took the photo from the wrong angle as Jake's 'pit girl' was holding his board as you can see in later pictures.

Those brake lights were LED rear lights for the atrocious conditions - I know you know that anyhow Dave.

Just been studying the TSL lap by lap and split times that Jake did during the race and clearly the car improved as the tyres wore more as his quickest sectors and laps were all done in the last two laps of all races and qualifying.

Why is the young lady holding a Rob Austin sign? Team maybe, but that looks like young Jake!

Can we not run MM2 next year in BTCC with Jake at the helm?

DaveG

PS, why are the brake lights on in all the pictures? Brakes are useless, they only slow you down. :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Go on, I'll ask. Why is his girlfriend holding Rob Austins board and not his? Or was that part of the deal to get drive!!! :chuckle:

Need to be cautious about reading too much into lap times. The conditions where so variable and as you know, a dry-ish line can develop toward the end of the race allowing more confidence and for the better drivers like Jake to push harder toward the end. Ignoring things like dropping fuel load and better tyre temps.

Other than that Jake did a fantastic job in poor cnditions and there should be several team showing an interest for next year. Just needs to do well on the test days in dry conditions and show BH was not a 'flash in the pan'.

DaveG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts