GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any suggestions for OEM Dunlop tyres supplied and fitted in the Herts/North London area?
Thanks
Dan

·
Super Moderator
15,686 Posts
Pan Auto in Harpenden, supplied and fitted my 4S, were very good.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Anyone got any suggestions for OEM Dunlop tyres supplied and fitted in the Herts/North London area?
Thanks
Dan
Post up your quotes, could be a laugh :) Stock Dunlops are the most expensive and come with the least tread. Currently around £1100 online plus 50 - 80 for fitting.

Just for a lauugh you could get a quote from Nissan too? :)

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Hi Dan

I have access to a set of Original Dunlops removed from a 2017 GTR with 1800 miles. They're approximately 4.5-5mm tread depth

If any good mate they are in West London Area :)

Let me know

Best regards Alan

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
When you step back and think about it, £1000 for a set of tyres that last 8k miles is insane! You can buy a decent car for that. Unfortunately they've got us by the bollox though, and they know it.

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
If you want an absolute guarantee of THE best tyre fitting service, go to Costco.

Their lawyers insist on rigorous procedures to prevent insurance claims for damaged wheels.

They crack the bolts first on the ground with nylon coated sockets on,y using torque wrenches. They then chock the wheels and lift the car slightly to loosen the rest.

Their tyre removal machines are again nylon coated and they will not use a standard tyre iron.

They only nitrogen fill too.

When I drive in with a gtr, the manager was keen to point out all these practices to instil confidence. If you are prepared to go with Michelin, they are a safe local choice, if they are local!

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you want an absolute guarantee of THE best tyre fitting service, go to Costco.

Their lawyers insist on rigorous procedures to prevent insurance claims for damaged wheels.

They crack the bolts first on the ground with nylon coated sockets on,y using torque wrenches. They then chock the wheels and lift the car slightly to loosen the rest.

Their tyre removal machines are again nylon coated and they will not use a standard tyre iron.

When I drive in with a gtr, the manager was keen to point out all these practices to instil confidence. If you are prepared to go with Michelin, they are a safe local choice, if they are local!
I must admit i would have never taken my car to costco, but if they are that worried then it may be a decent place to try.

Are the wheel balancing machines any good? I get the Hunter one normally, so gives you a printout after.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Hey Adam

Which Costco do you go too?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts