GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
I have the same dilemma with my original Dunlops down to virtually nothing after 3 track days - total mileage 4250 miles.
I have been quoted £1784 incl VAT & fitting for Dunlops and £1296 for Bridgestones.
Apparently Bridgestones will last longer but have less grip (saving nearly £500)
What do you think?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've always had Bridgestones in the past on my other cars with no problems.

Don't want to compromise safety against cost but the durability and the price of the Bridgestones are certainly making them look more favourable at present...

The japanese import cars came with Bridgestones right? What's their average tread depth at the optmisation service? For the dunlops 6mm seems to be average for "normal" use.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have the same dilemma with my original Dunlops down to virtually nothing after 3 track days - total mileage 4250 miles.
I have been quoted £1784 incl VAT & fitting for Dunlops and £1296 for Bridgestones.
Apparently Bridgestones will last longer but have less grip (saving nearly £500)
What do you think?
Hi. That quote for the Bridgestones looks good. Where are you getting them fitted?

·
Registered
565 Posts
After speaking to Graham at CAT on Saturday for me there is only 1 choice - Dunlops.

The time and effort put into these tyres makes them the Number 1 choice for me.

I have a mate in the Tyre business and he just managed to get me a quote today for 395 rears and 195 fronts in the Dunlops!

Hopefully he will be able to sort other members out as well, if and when you need tyres drop me a PM.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
They do still leave you no options when they do an impression of a speedboat in standing water though, you're just a passenger. I'll go for the Bridgestones next I think.

·
Registered
720 Posts
check out camskill for prices they can either send them to you or send them to a designated tyre shop who will fit them for the price you pay on line,supposedly the cheapest in the uk,if they dont have the tyre choice on line give them a call,also black circles are very cheap.

simon

·
Registered
565 Posts
They do still leave you no options when they do an impression of a speedboat in standing water though, you're just a passenger. I'll go for the Bridgestones next I think.
Yeah you are absolutely right John,

I had a moment on the way to Edinburgh airport when the car went from lane 3 to Lane 1 through standing water, not a great experience!

I must admit though mate having really pushed them in the dry at the weekend at Millbrook and even with them fairly well broken in i have real confidence in them (Dry use only)..........

Just means i will have to back off in the wet and remember how bad they are.......

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After speaking to Graham at CAT on Saturday for me there is only 1 choice - Dunlops.

The time and effort put into these tyres makes them the Number 1 choice for me.

I have a mate in the Tyre business and he just managed to get me a quote today for 395 rears and 195 fronts in the Dunlops!
Hopefully he will be able to sort other members out as well, if and when you need tyres drop me a PM.
What does that mean?. Are you buying nearly 400 tyres?.

Agreed about the Dunlops in the wet. I had several wiggles going along the M4 last week!.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For Europe, Nissan only recommends the Dunlop Tires, due to their better high speed performance (which is necessary in Europe compated to the US or Japan). This can be found in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Agree they are amazing in the dry, pulling 1g easily in any direction.
So do the bridgestones......im sure youll not nothice the difference(i had the dunlops on my GTR till 2000km,driven hard in corners....i had the bridestones on my car after 2000km as i swapped my wheels to Gram lights R57´s....no difference tbh.....)

For in germany half the money for the bridgestones,the dunlops are not an option for me....

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Definitely Bridgestones as they will hopefully last longer and be better in the wet.

Too much grip in the dry is boring anyway! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK then guys, I think the cost factor is influencing a lot of the decision making. Where are they the cheapest?. Do you think we could get a group buy going or something. I'm sure a tyre company would welcome a bulk order on these.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
God, I thought we had done this one to death already !!! The car was made by Mr Nissan with Bridgestone RE070's for as reason THEY ARE THE BEST TYRE FOR THE CAR !!!! OK easy RIP !!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
God, I thought we had done this one to death already !!! The car was made by Mr Nissan with Bridgestone RE070's for as reason THEY ARE THE BEST TYRE FOR THE CAR !!!! OK easy RIP !!!!
Nowhere near enough exclamation marks there. Why is your arse on fire?.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts