GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Dusting off my GTR.co.uk cobwebs. Joined a while back during my hunt for an R33 GTR, but ended up going down the Evo route. Mad to think I could of picked up a tidy R33 for £10k from what only feels like a few years ago.
With the Evo I had a great experience with the Evo forum (MLR) from meeting people, doing research, finding a lovely IX FQ-320 and owning the car.

So i'm jumping back into the GTR forum for hopefully an equally exciting and engaging experience but this time with R35 ownership.

I'm looking into the reality of owning a tidy 2009/10 R35. Owning one would be a dream come true for me, so i'm putting in the research effort now and taking any friendly advice. I'm fairly familiar with the cars from a mechanical perspective from my time working at Sumopower/JRM in their early days. But i'm not familiar with the realities of owning one and the likely pitfalls of an early model.

TIA :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for links to the adverts.

So to answer fellow MLR member Evogeof's question and to request some advise.

I'm looking within the £33-£37k bracket.
Ideally looking for:
Colour: White / Grey (others considered)
Interior: Black or Black & Red
Mileage: Sub 45,000
Full service history
Enthusiast private sale rather than dealer if possible

Points to look out for:
Gearbox upgrades and repair history inc bell housing bearing and clutch kits. What would warn you off?

Power output / level of tune? unsure. Guessing I should stay clear of anything pushing 600bhp unless it was tuned by previous owner with plenty of receipts etc??
Is there a stage of tune that people deem safe and usable?

Bilstein Suspension replacements. Is this another warning sign?

Finally should I keep an eye out for a black or premium edition?

My plan is to use the car as much as possible. Hence looking for one that has been well cared for, hence looking for tell tale warning signs in the adverts for which cars to avoid.

Thanks Again

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Thanks for links to the adverts.

So to answer fellow MLR member Evogeof's question and to request some advise.

I'm looking within the £33-£37k bracket.
Ideally looking for:
Colour: White / Grey (others considered)
Interior: Black or Black & Red
Mileage: Sub 45,000
Full service history
Enthusiast private sale rather than dealer if possible

Points to look out for:
Gearbox upgrades and repair history inc bell housing bearing and clutch kits. What would warn you off?

Power output / level of tune? unsure. Guessing I should stay clear of anything pushing 600bhp unless it was tuned by previous owner with plenty of receipts etc??

Bilstein Suspension replacements. Is this another warning sign?

Finally should I keep an eye out for a black or premium edition?

My plan is to use the car as much as possible. Hence looking for one that has been well cared for, hence looking for tell tale warning signs in the adverts for which cars to avoid.

Thanks Again
whats your mlr user name? used to buy parts from sumo power in the day :chuckle:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Over 600bhp shouldn't be a problem, stage 1 is normally around 590-600.
Stage 4/4.25 is quite a common level of tune which i think is consudered faurlt safe and useable, this gives around 650-660bhp.

·
Registered
52 Posts
A buyers market at the minute for sure. Plenty of cars in that price range currently for sale that have been up for a while. Good luck with your search, you certainly won't regret R35 ownership.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My 2011 DBA ticks all your boxes if you can up your budget.....in the for sale section

Lots of upgrades in the facelift DBA compared to CBA and much less prone to some of the earlier model issues

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts