GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using DVB and if so what aerial do you have and where have you put it? I'm told the best are in bumper cable ones but no one can get them. Next best I'm told is a Shark Fin type but again no one can get them. I have some crappy stickers in the front windscreen that don't receive anything. I'm looking for something that's discrete :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I've got an ariel in the rear screen... Absolute pants... All being taken out this weekend and will just stick to the DVD player and the reversing cam.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you using a non branded antenna? I'm wondering of the branded stuff is any better. All my kit is Pioneer except the antennas.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I'm going to ramble on here but here goes...

If you have an R34GTR which was factory fitted with the the Xanavi TV you could maybe try plugging into the TV aerials built into the rear screen - there are four aerials in all on the rear screen the cables from which lead into the TV unit in the boot on the right side between the rear strut mounts. There is also a Clarion TV signal booster mounted in each rear rear roof pillar under the plastic trim. The +12v power for the signal boosters is the thinner of the 3 way cable running up each roof pillar the thicker two wires being the two aerial cables all moulded together with the power cable. Trace the power part back to a small plug - splice in there.

You can see the aerial cables if you remove the rear seats and parcel shelf cover. If you've not removed the seats before first remove the seat base, two 10mm bolts one in each rear footwell just under the seat base in each corner. Then there are two bolts at base of seat back on a "U" shaped wire bracket - remove then lift up the seat back and pull the top toward you. To remove the rear parcel shelf cover prise out the small plastic trim over the rear wiper and then just manipulate out the shelf cover from either end, no screws or clips just be careful of the rear washer connector as it's quite fragile - Ten minutes tops to take out seat and rear shelf.

Don't know about DVB-T but the standard aerials work reasonably well with an aftermarket Analogue in dash TV

um or you could just stick another on the rear screen off e-bay for a fiver lol!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Mine is effectively non branded... I just bought the kit as it was so cheap and was interested to see if it was any good.

I've heard that powered or boosted antennas are the way to go, or Malcolms recommendation sounds good :).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where did you get these units from? I have a panasonic unit which relies on a strong digital signal through windscreen antennas which varies too much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts