GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone figured out how to be disable protect to play DVDS whilst driving
i.e music dvds - etc = only works when still need to work whilst cruising :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Thats cos you are not allowed to view a moving picture screen whilst driving !! LOL and before you say it that does not include Sat Nav

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
there is a way on after market ones..not sure on the GTR but i would expect it to be similar

just disconnect the wire that runs to the handbrake & earth it or something like that

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
on most dvd units its simply a lead that is wired up to parking brake that needs cutting then grounding permanently although ive never looked at gtr wiring.
as steve says, it shouldnt be in view of the driver when moving. i had mine wired that way and even though i had it on for a passenger it is very distracting.

damn..... too slow lol rob beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
No No No NO guys, you simply cannot disconnect the wire from the handbrake !!! If you could, then I would have a Sat Nav / DVD player fitted by now !!! (as I did in my 350Z) But wuith the GTR is it a totally different scenario, trust me !!!!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
ok ok chill maaaaaan.

thats what you do on a "aftermarket one" and as i said, i am not sure on a GTR

hit it with a hammer then? sometimes works (well not often)

lol

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I had a red button on the side of the center console, it took me months to figure out what it was for but eventually found it was to override the TV cut off while moving and it had been fitted in Japan.

Obviously mine is a 34 but what I can say is that it was a proper aftermarket kit - it plugged between an existing plug and socket in the car's wiring loom behind the head unit. I've taken it all out now but have it in the garage somewhere.

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Yeah, but the new GTR works in very many different ways and the CAM signal controls lots of other things like disconnect from handbrake, can't start car etc. I am no expert but my "tuner" has been looking into this since may last year !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts