GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
my GTS just passed the SVA test, anyone know how long will it take for reg. my Car with DVLA, and when I will be able to get my No. plate?

Cheers

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don't hold your breath

Just going through this myself, could be at least 2 weeks, possibly a bit more.
The DVLA call centre recorded message says 3 days but apparently they've changed it to 10 days now.
Seems like 10 years.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
if you havent already posted your registration application, then drive to your nearest DVLA local office... that will knock around a week off the processing time, but then it will still take about 10 days...
when the documents fall through the door, charge straight up the road to your prefered boy racer store, and have some interestingly size plates madeup, screw them on in the car park, and head round your mates house to show off some more (not that thay havent already heard/seen enough of your car by then! :) )

after all the waiting i had, the time for the documents to come through didnt seem 'too' bad.. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dont forget you will need an MOT too, not just an SVA.

If you take the appropriate forms in to your DVLA local office, and say you will be back to collect it, they will 'fast-track' it and it takes just 2 days. I do this all the time !

After the 2 days they will hand you a reciept and stamp your MOT document 're-registered as........', together with a tax disc. Then you can go get your plates.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts