GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, following on from Blow Dog's permission to go ahead and arrange a Dyno Day in Surrey (see original Dyno Day thread), I've contacted Charlie Wright at Surrey Rolling Road in Chobham and he can accomodate a decent number (10-20) of us on Saturday 10th October.

SRR use a 4WD Dyno Dynamics rolling road and it has a very good reputation for accuracy. Charlie organises loads of dyno days for the Pistonheads, Subaru and general Japanese tuning community.

All members are welcome, just add your name to the list and I'll confirm the details nearer the time.

Cost will be £40 per car.

Please only put your name down if you are firmly putting the date in your diary and you have a 100% intention to turn up.
Obviously things can change at the last minute, but there is nothing more embarrassing than arranging an event and assuring the host we are expecting X numbers and getting a fraction of that actually showing up on the day!

1. David.Yu, R35 GT-R (modified)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hi David,

OK to come along and watch, as, as you know the GTR32 blew up at the Fighting Torque event?

Cheers,

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi David,

OK to come along and watch, as, as you know the GTR32 blew up at the Fighting Torque event?

Cheers,

Mark
Sure Mark, if you don't mind being deafened!

SRR is in a really cool location: within a decommissioned tank armour testing bay! So there is inch thick steel plate lining the entire facility. Sure gets loud in there... But it's ok, Charlie has loads of ear defenders we can borrow.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Yeak, I know the place.

Had my old M3 dynoed there.

Look forward to seeing you and Moos new mean machine!

Cheers,

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
David,

There is no other way of saying this without sounding rude or condescending which is not my aim & I would 'sincerely' like to thank you for your efforts to date ...

'but' ...

when you offered to take over this event from a 'very overworked & very grateful FUGGLES. His 'gratifying' reply to you on that particular thread was ... & I quote :

I have no issue with you taking this on David and welcome your input. As with others on this forum and Club there is not always enough time to do it. I asked for your help and got it :D If you are able to help that's great but don't be partisan and please make sure you allocate venues for all the regions rather than just your 'back yard'.

Let me know how you get on

Can I therefore now ask that whilst you have 'been partisan & sorted out your own back yard', is there any progress on the rest of the UK as per the initial thread as I'm sure the other members from Scotland, the North East, the North West & the Midlands are also wondering as this event was mean't to be held all over the UK simultaneously?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David,

There is no other way of saying this without sounding rude or condescending which is not my aim & I would 'sincerely' like to thank you for your efforts to date ...

'but' ...

when you offered to take over this event from a 'very overworked & very grateful FUGGLES. His 'gratifying' reply to you on that particular thread was ... & I quote :

Can I therefore now ask that whilst you have 'been partisan & sorted out your own back yard', is there any progress on the rest of the UK as per the initial thread as I'm sure the other members from Scotland, the North East, the North West & the Midlands are also wondering as this event was mean't to be held all over the UK simultaneously?
The reason I started another thread rather than continuing the old one is that this is not intended to replace Fuggles' original event.

Call it a SE regional event if you want, but I am not, and have no wish to be, a GTROC events manager. I appreciate the work you guys do and I'm not interested in stealing anyone's thunder.

I am simply offering the opportunity, for anyone who wants to, to come along to a venue that I happen to be attending.

This has all been cleared with Cem, so if you or anybody else wants to have a go at me (again) discuss it with him first.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
This has all been cleared with Cem, so if you or anybody else wants to have a go at me (again) discuss it with him first.
As I said David, there is no other way of putting it without it sounding the way it did. So as per my character, as well as position in the club I have to & 'WILL' just come out with it. I have clarified before that neither myself or anyone else 'is having a go at you'. Clarification was merely needed. Your not treading on toes & not for one minute was that 'ever' considered. We are here to help as BIGCHRIS350 will attest arranging his first Surrey meet the other month.

So on the cheerful side thank you for clearing that up which is & has been duly noted. Plus I'm sure our members in other parts of the UK will be grateful for the clarity too, so no more needs to be said :thumbsup:

However, just for your clarity the authorisation for event came from Fuggles. It's either the Chairman, the regional reps & or myself as 'elected' representatives of the GTROC that agree to this area.
Cem merely posted was it not a good idea, which it was, to let you take over from the initial idea. Cem is the owner of the forum & the GTR Register, but on the GTROC board is the forums representative, not events.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a shame Mo, was looking forward to seeing what an RB31 could do!

Any more takers? R35 owners can rest assured that Charlie knows how to safely strap down an R35 without taking off any underbody panels.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
So, following on from Blow Dog's permission to go ahead and arrange a Dyno Day in Surrey
I'm glad that the above comment was clarified - Cem runs the Forum (and rather well!) but not the GTR Owners Club.

David, I can't help thinking that you probably now that as well as anyone so wondered why you would make such a post? - odd.

PS

Mo - What the hell were you thinking? glad you've re-thought that one!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm glad that the above comment was clarified - Cem runs the Forum (and rather well!) but not the GTR Owners Club.

David, I can't help thinking that you probably now that as well as anyone so wondered why you would make such a post? - odd.

PS

Mo - What the hell were you thinking? glad you've re-thought that one!
What did you mean by that? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I don't know the current structure of the GTROC intimately anymore. There seem to be a lot of precious egos and people getting put out here, so perhaps it is best if I just cancel this event.

Sorry Tokyodrew and anyone else who was thinking of going.

I shall refrain from offering to help in any capacity in the future. Lesson learnt.

Any helpful mod, please close this thread.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I meant Mo's car is hardly run in and probably not fully mapped yet - and I wouldn't have thought it at all sensible to have someone other than the guy who built it messing with it on a dyno!

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
I meant Mo's car is hardly run in and probably not fully mapped yet - and I wouldn't have thought it at all sensible to have someone other than the guy who built it messing with it on a dyno!
!!!
nobody is messing with the car...apart from TR.
isn't a dyno day, they strap it and do a few runs?
never been on one...if it includes playing about with my map then i cant do it m8 for 2 reasons...sry

i promised a m8 a favour on that day and nobody does any work on my car apart from TR Racing.

oh god...just realised, it's also my sisters birthday!!!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
!!!
nobody is messing with the car...apart from TR.
isn't a dyno day, they strap it and do a few runs?
never been on one...if it includes playing about with my map then i cant do it m8 for 2 reasons...sry

i promised a m8 a favour on that day and nobody does any work on my car apart from TR Racing.

oh god...just realised, it's also my sisters birthday!!!
They wouldn't touch the map, and in theory it's just a run on the rollers but as it's so new and TR have put all the work into it would you really want to let anyone else do full power runs with it on a dyno? Mo.

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
They wouldn't touch the map, and in theory it's just a run on the rollers but as it's so new and TR have put all the work into it would you really want to let anyone else do full power runs with it on a dyno? Mo.

Hopefully by oct 10th it should be ready, full boost and wotnot and if TR make sure it's "Mo proof" i doubt anyone could brake it (touch wood)...but i do see your point, I give the keys to Rob and Justin freely without hesitation.
It's much harder handing them to someone else...
:nervous:

i just wanted to know what power it has @ 0.9...:bawling:

anyway my friend and sister come first, so nevermind...just have to wait till full boost.

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
Thinking about what you said...

If i go on trackdays/activity days or even something like this...i usually call Tweenie or Justin first, to let them know i'm going...call it OCD if you want but it helps to keep my mind at ease, it probably annoys them as i go on a lot of events...lol.
But tough they are professionals, brilliant at what they do and their advice is golden...unfortunately they're on holiday, didn't ask this time...should of waited, lesson learnt, thanks Mal.

sry for the hijack

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
What did you mean by that? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I don't know the current structure of the GTROC intimately anymore. There seem to be a lot of precious egos and people getting put out here, so perhaps it is best if I just cancel this event.

Sorry Tokyodrew and anyone else who was thinking of going.

I shall refrain from offering to help in any capacity in the future. Lesson learnt.

Any helpful mod, please close this thread.

David, I really do think your jumping the gun there fella as no one has actually been put out by the offer of your help. It seems to me that when a difficult question for clarification had to be asked you immediately thought the worst despite reassurances & have now continued to let this snowball. You mention precious egos, but it seems that it may be yours that is at fault here?

I think a deep breath, a step back & a re-look at the post & the situation is what is required here? Tell me I'm wrong? Why ruin the work & effort you have put in so far to arrange this day & let those down that are & may wish to go?

On another level I can assure you that the GTROC Board, Reps & the many others associated with the club 'DO NOT' as you so bluntly put it 'have egos'.
Everyone is elected or volunteered to give their own time, blood & sweat without pay to this club for 'all the love of all things' Skyline & GTR! I love this organisation more than when I first joined! My other half calls this club my wife! It's not just the cars, its all the people that I've had the pleasure to meet & network with thanks to these loved 'time-share' cars :chuckle: I wanted to do more & many years later here is where I am - & this isn't a new story as there are many, many others out there who feel the same.

On behalf of the GTROC Board I can say without a shadow of a doubt that everyone on it, myself included is 'ELECTED' into their positions. So in other words 'egos' would not last long my friend. But I have checked to make sure I'm being correct here that you've never been on the 'GTROC Board' yourself David so its not your fault that you might not realise this in regards to the election system. I know you were part of the previous organisation well before the GTROC & that when that chapter was closed other 'former' members & not yourself then formed the GTROC that we all know & love today.

So due to your membership of the previous organisation it is widely known that you have an affinity with the Skyline fella & as an owner of the new R35 GTR you are a new & valued member of this club. Thus you are more than welcome to help out or volunteer with our grateful thanks as is any other member who we would not turn away. But for those of us here to protect the interests of 'ALL' of our members, yourself included there is of course times that questions need to be asked of people helping out & volunteering. Hence I needed to clarify this event as that is my position within the GTROC. I'll coin a saying from 'Bond', but its nothing personal. Just business.

I would like to ask you David that you don't just wash your hands of this event & that you please continue to run it as you first offered. If someone is kind of enough to take some photos on the day & do a little write up afterwards then it would also be a great read for the club magazine would it not :thumbsup: To borrow something you said before it would be nice for all our members to see what the various R35's are putting out on the fly & the wheels.

I leave the decision to you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.